USPS at it’s best…

So $ 50 for a book of plans and $ 20 + for
shipping - here’s how it arrived.

Dripping with soy sauce. WTF …

2 Likes

Government at its best.

This falls into the “Not My Problem” bin at the Post Office.

2 Likes

Looks like “Newman” delivered it.

Actually, I should correct myself: Newman didn’t seem to deliver much mail even though that was his job lol!

3 Likes

Seinfeld Newman Excellent Gif - Champion TV Show

5 Likes

Bummer. Looks like someone didn’t tap ‘YES’ for “Fragile or Liquids in your package”. Then it ended up in the same bin as your package

2 Likes

Spilled Starbucks

1 Like

Yes, that’s what RDT said:

1 Like

Dang that sucks. Hopefully it’s not to hard to get the insurance money but more importantly another soy/liquid free copy of the plans.

1 Like

Hope the insurance that came with Priority Mail will cover it.

1 Like

Unfortunately this doesn’t surprise me in the least. My ex-wife’s entire family works for the USPS and it’s a union racket. This looks like somebody spilled their coffee on it and sent it along. They don’t care in the least because they can’t be disciplined. I’ve heard first hand accounts of purposely bending in half “Do not bend” packages, stepping on and throwing “Fragile” packages, having lawn chairs on the loading docks and spending the day reading other people’s magazines, taking two hour naps at home in the middle of their routes, purposely throwing packages into the wrong sorting bin so that they are sent to the wrong side of the country, and finally, a guy that came to work every day with a cooler full of beer in his car trunk and the whole PO would go out and drink their lunch with him. Their last concern is the mail or the people who send it.

7 Likes

Here are some of my recent USPS escapades. Both are from Sprue Bros. Once Sprue turns my kit over to the USPS it’s out of their control. In the past it was always 3-4 days delivery, until recently…
Shipment #1 : I recently moved from Milwaukee to a little town near Madison, Watertown. My kit was first shipped to Springfield, MA. I contacted Sprue thinking it was on it’s way to Watertown, MA. Sprue’s Customer Service quickly responded with an image of the label. All info was correct.
The kit then went to Connecticut, then Chicago, back to MA and finally here, about 10 days in the system. The box was perfect on arrival.
Shipment #2 a week later : Chicago first, 2 stops in Texas, up to Milwaukee then here. About a week in transit.

Matt, the Mrs & her Sister were both 30 year PO vets. Knowing their work ethics they weren’t doing bad things. But they would share stories about things that they’d seen.
The Postal Union was too strong to take care of the problem employees. Impossible to fire people for theft ! They shared a story about a carrier who had route girlfriends and enjoy afternoon delights.
I don’t know how the 2 tiered system works now with the Union. But you get what the PO pays for.

3 Likes

Thanks all for commiserating - I have contacted the seller - immediately responsive and are working on it from their end . My carrier is a good guy and his truck was loaded for his route - he kept getting the smell of Soy Sauce . Found my package with a plastic bag around it . He gave me the option of refusing delivery but I thought perhaps the contents may have been in a protective plastic wrap so I said I’ll open it and check . As all can see I thought wrong. Hope this doesn’t turn around and bite me on the a_s.

4 Likes

Update - the dealer has already shipped a replacement- this time wrapped in plastic.
Excellent service.

6 Likes