USS Des Moines 1/350

That’s quite a lot of sub assemblies…great work! Looking forward to see those special colors going on!

Cheers
Jan

Si and Jan thank you for your comments Gents…Cheers Mark

Have started work on her main structures. Masking was very fun but am very happy with the results. The Lifecolour Paints were very good to spray also. Will have more for you soon…Cheers Mark

4 Likes

Moving ahead in leaps and bounds, Mark :slightly_smiling_face: Great to watch! :slightly_smiling_face:

Mark,

as Russ says! Great progress, paint job / masking looks absolutely sharp and crisp.
That’s a fine build and fun to watch, looking forward to your progress!

Cheers
Jan

Russell and Jan thank you for your comments much appreciated…Cheers Mark

1 Like

Her Hull is now mounted, Sprayed and gloss coated awaiting the Weathering to start. More to come soon…Cheers mark

6 Likes

The hull is looking good Mark,

Sub assemblies coming on too. might be saying much, but I am follwoing allong.

Cheers, Si

Thanks Si. After some Holidays and 3 Weeks of Work nearly killing me with OT I got some Benchtime in. The Hull has been glosscoated for some Decals and weathering. Have added the forward Wooden Deck and the after P/E Cat Deck. Moe to come soon…Cheers Mark

6 Likes

Looking good Mark! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s always a good problem to have: that of too much work :blush:

I have visited her sister, USS Salem. Lovely to see one of these magnificent ships being built and she looks great so far!

Thanks for the comments Gents much appreciated…cheers Mark

1 Like

Man, with the addition of the deck and the weathering she’s really starting to pop! :+1: :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks Tim much appreciated…Cheers mark

Looking very good,

The weathering on the hull really looks the part.

Cheers, Si :beers: :smiley:

Thanks Si. After a break as Life got in the way. I am back to working on her. Her Bow area and Cat Deck are now finished sans some weathering. Will have some more soon…Cheers Mark

3 Likes

So is the kit well worth it? I am still debating.

I believe it is worth it Todd. Depends if you want the standard Kit or the deluxe version I purchased…Cheers mark

Her Number 1 Turret and main Superstructure Base are now onboard. Will have some more for you soon…Cheers Mark

7 Likes

Fascinating build!
Enjoy watch the ship unfold.

Have you seen the detailed tour inside sister ship USS Salem automatic triple 8 inch gun turret? It’s pretty amazing. Drachinifel out did himself.