USS Des Moines 1/350

OK onto the home stretch. Have now added the Antennas, Railings, Whaleboats and her Cats and Crane. Will have more for you soon…Cheers mark

13 Likes

Great work Mark!

And getting close to commissioning! All tose details really pop!

Cheers
Jan

Great work Mark. It’s good how you are able to bring these together in a reasonable timeframe :cowboy_hat_face:

Excellent work Mark,

Great looking ship, bags of depth in the detail.

Cheers, Si

Gentlemen she is ready to put to sea. Have thoroughly enjoyed this Build…Cheers mark

15 Likes

Beautiful, neat work Mark. Congratulations on a fine commissioning! :partying_face:

Great work Mark!

Congratulations on a beautiful commissioning :beers::fireworks::clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations on commissioning, a great job on a handsome ship.

Cheers, :beers: :beers: :partying_face:

Si

Shes gorgeous! Stunning work @surfsup Its been great to follow along :slight_smile:

Cracking job. This is the only way I will see these big kit ships built so I always love seeing the end result. Lovely clean build and looks superb.

Outstandingly good results!

Enjoyed following :+1:

Thank you for all your comments Gents. Much appreciated for a fun Build…Cheers mark

Handsome build of a handsome ship. Well done!

Congratulations on your commissioning of the USS Des Moins! Great job, she looks outstanding, fine work! Well done in every aspect, and a build log that was fun to follow!

Cheers
Jan

Thanks Martin…Cheers Mark

Thanks Jan. It was a very fun and rewarding Build…Cheers mark

That was my thought, too, but looking at the pictures showing the side gun tubs mounted, I have to assume that if the O1 deck were extended to the sides of the ship under the four gun tubs, while it would increase the enclosed area and make the ship a bit more habitable, it would increase the top weight and unacceptably affect the ship’s stability.