Verlinden Anyone?

Tell me what you need. The problem will be finding it, but it’s here.

Books, figures, conversions, everything they ever did.

17 Likes

Holy smokes; that’s a lot of VLS stuff. My local store has a bunch of them, the one up front is the one that i remember from the old catalogs, which was the Zulu Warrior, along with the American Sergeant with the M1 THompson and the M20 Bazookaman.

They got it from a huge estate from a former IPMS member from Tucson. I always look out for older kits that hit the store from time to time.

4 Likes

Wow the motherlode of verlinden stuff

4 Likes

Just curious if you have this, and how much you’re looking for.

That is a lot of verlinden stuff…

3 Likes

I’ll take a look for it. There is no rhyme or reason as to how everything is packed. Thankfully, at least most of the boxes are labeled.

4 Likes

Thanks! While you’re at it, will you keep an eye out for this one too?

2 Likes

Hello!
On Finescale forums I did “Yearly Verlinden Fun” where I was building Verlinden kits and fixing all the mistakes that I could find (and there were plenty). Here’s what I managed to do:

And last year this guy:

I just wanted to start one more for this year and that would be the last one that I have stashed… So if you come across something from Vietnam that you can let me have for a reasonable price, then I would be interested.

Two more remarks here - when I was in primary school, loong time ago one of the kids brought a German leaflet advertising some post order model shop showing some Verlinden stuff. The photo just blew my mind and left a lasting damage…

Not all too many years ago I wisited another German model shop with a long history and they had Verlinden stuff on sale still labeled in DMarks (Euros were introduced in 2002, mind you) so I grabbed a some stuff and this is how the above Yearly Verlinden Fun started… Would be cool to replenish the stores.

@18bravo - what’s the story behind the stash you are showing?

Thanks for sharing and have a nice day

Paweł

5 Likes

I shall.

2 Likes

Where is this stash?
I’m always interested in their resin cobblestone sets.

2 Likes

@18bravo

Rob, perhaps the rarest Verlinden 120mm figure around is their “Cyborg Hunter.” If you find one in that stash, it’s “gold.” Cyborg Hunter is SO RARE that Verlinden auctioned off the actual painted box cover photo figure for around $500. No one else sells this rare OOP kit.

This 120mm “Cyborg Hunter” figure should come in one of those Woodland camouflaged boxes…you’d be extremely lucky to find one left. If you do find one, please contact me. Thanks.

Photos by Jeff Junker

https://hubhobbyshop.com/cyborg-hunter/

hint224a

hint224b

2 Likes

That is awesome and insane. Funny how those two things often go together.

Just this morning, I was lamenting that my model stockpile is getting too large. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: That one section of your stockpile dwarfs the totality of mine. So, hey! I feel better! :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you have the German horse rider with the food cans… like the guy in The Longest Day?

9 Likes

Certainly!

3 Likes

Let me know if you have the 1/16 “Modern” ALICE gear accessory set.

I may have some others. Thanks for opening up the stash!

1 Like

Oh my… Aladdin’s cave!!

1 Like

Is that Goldfinger?

3 Likes

That’s a lot of stuff!

peanuts-lucy-psychiatric-help-booth-funky-chunky-magnet.jpg

4 Likes

No Mr Bond I expect you to die. :wink:

Yup! Gert Frobe…

2 Likes

I really liked him. A funny little story (at least it makes me smile). Ian Fleming wrote the Bond stories, we all know that, but fewer people know that he wrote the original Chitty Chitty Bang Bang story. Do you think he would ever have imagined that the same actor would play the villain in both?

3 Likes

That is nothing short of impressive. I’ve done a number of their 120mm figures and loved their detail sets and ejection seats. While you’re looking about can you see if this is in the collection?

4 Likes