Vespid Pz.Kpfw VIII Maus V2 build

Actually it had sufficient mass to distort space/time and have its own Gravity Well. Things just fell towards it as they would a mini Black Hole…

Cheers.

M

3 Likes

:laughing: there’s still a few bits falling towards this replica, though it’s moving towards the end. The crew are now in place in the turret:

Much harder was getting the driver in place, and inevitably I managed to chip the paint off his nose. :cry: He was moved into his place in the hatch using the wire in his back, then a styrene platform with epoxy glue on the end was slid into place. The block and the trimmed off wires then needed to be painted black so they weren’t visible through the mesh under the vents.

The jettisonable fuel tank is also now attached, just needs to have the strap added. The tracks have also been touched up with black and then weathered with oils and pigments.

Possibly will add some more dust etc to the road wheels - or maybe not…

As well as chipping his nose I managed to almost knock off one of the head lights… Typical for this late stage.

3 Likes

Looking great Matthew, I keep thinking it is 1/35 scale, not 1/72, especially the figures.

1 Like