Vintage Italeri Pz IV - build & kit bash

That really was an impressive project, the kind that inspires others to reach for greater things.

2 Likes

cazzo l’idea degli elastici non mi era mai venuta!!!
thank you for Idea of rubber retainer around the track it’s first time i see this fit!

2 Likes

Thank you, to all for taking time to check out the thread. This was definitely fun model building experience.

BTW…

Several interesting color Pz IV pictures Track Link: Pz IV pictures .

Example…

An oversprayed Dunkelgrau Panzer IV, because the inside face of the hatch is Dunkelgrau RAL 7021.

4 Likes

Also note the primer on the roadwheel in the bottom right corner.
Ken

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but I believe that it cheapens the model by not painting. Yes, you have done masterfully, but leaving it as is only displays an incomplete model. A great paint job will only highlight your artistry and craftsmanship.

Bill

Bill, I hear what you’re saying.

Currently, this is my level of finishing. I can give the Italeri Pz IV G a corresponding finish to what one of the following models wears.

Which finish would look best on this Italeri Pz IV G?

1. Basic Panzer Gray/Dunkelgrau

1. White Wash on Panzer Gray

3) Tri-Color, Dunkelgelb, Olive & RotBraun

4) White Wash over Tri-Color

5) DAK/Afrika Korp RAL 7027 & 8020 etc

When the model was built, I’d been away from painting for a long time. It’s been several years and I’ve painted several projects and I’m more comfortable with the idea of painting the model now than previously.

Any suggestions on which of the five styles would look best on the Italeri Pz IV G are appreciated.

9 Likes

I like the overall dunkelgrau 1st, tricolor 2nd. Just my preferences.

3 Likes

I will stick with flat clear and maybe some weathering over the clear.

2 Likes

I still prefer the raw unpainted presentation. It’s not often that you get to see the artistry and craftsmanship that goes into a finely constructed and scratchbuilt model. You have proven your mastery of the airbrush and weathering materials with all of those other models. Let this one stand as proof of your mastery of the build.

4 Likes