Warning Signs & Labels | RailRoad Modeling

Editor

posted on 5 seconds ago

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://railroadmodeling.net/news/warning-signs-labels
1 Like

Very cool. Thank you for the review Fred. I need to get a couple sets of those for my post-apocalyptic projects. :skull: I like the police tape. That could be a handy scene enhancer. :skull_and_crossbones:

Thank you,
Randy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

These are really nice.

On a side note, this categorization of this product under the RailRoad Modelling site suggests an issue with the way things are going with the way product announcements and reviews.

I can see that perhaps the manufacturer mainly focuses on model RR products, but these particular 1/35 scale decals would reach a much larger and receptive audience if under the Armorama banner.

Is there a way to create a single searchable product and product review list for all the sites? Many products that are perhaps originally or mainly intended for one modeling genre or scale may be useful or attractive to modelers who donā€™t necessarily build that genre or scale.

Iā€™m mostly a 1/35 scale armor and figure modeler, and itā€™s only by total chance that I happened to read this announcement.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your ideas. The good news is that I also posted all three of these Matho Models reviews on Armorama when I made these reviews. Matho Models is primarily a 1/35 military accessories site.

That is a great idea. There are so many crossover opportunities between many model railroad items, and scenery items and paints, and military,etc. (and visa versa). Perhaps there will someday be a ā€˜universal tagā€™ to route a review to all sites?

2 Likes

@JPTRR Good to hear Fred! I clearly missed the Armorama linksā€¦ Iā€™m glad that the products were highlighted there, too. Some very neat stuff!

When I read the product announcements on the RR Modeling site they made me think of Jimā€™s poll about how to categorize reviews. There are a lot of products with ā€œcross-overā€ interest or potential not to mention all the general modeling products that are possibly applicable to all subject genres and scale.

1 Like

Mike,

Thanks for mentioning the poll. I did not know about it and have since added my ideas.

1 Like

These can be useful on so many levels and scales.

2 Likes

Just to ā€œcross pollinateā€ a bit . . .

Here is another thread offering vintage restored signage for the Auto, Armor or Model Railroading groups on KitMaker:

What little Spanish I know is augmented by what Iā€™ve learned from such signage - a stick figure falling off of a ladder or gettng zapped by a huge bolt of electricity along with th appropriate words underneath.