Wessex UH5 Italeri 1/48

First post here hop I got it right ???

Another addition to my Falklands diorama.

A 2.4m long. So far One barn 6 aircraft, 2 Land Rovers & 2 armour.

[

6 Likes

Some more bits

2 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to a great build.

2 Likes

I dig those pilot figures. Looks like have had to do the same thing I do to get them to fit perfectly:

3 Likes

Welcome, and what’s the general concept for the Dio ?

1 Like

Thanks John. Very nice.

The diorama is approx 75% complete. Another 3 or 4 pieces to go.

So far.

Laurie

[
[]

7 Likes

Wow, that looks good!

1 Like

Awesome diorama from what I can tell from the teensy weensy .jpgs, the back ground scenic landscape makes all the difference.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

OK not sure what happened with that postage sized picture. Try again.

Laurie

[]

6 Likes

matter of interest.

A great & interesting project. If you like converting. The two Land-rovers series 2 & 3.
Could not find any 1/48.

They originated from two military Snatchs produced by Airfix in their Helmand range.

New windows back door roof bonnet & grille. A very rewarding project.

Laurie

1 Like

Nice! Keep it up. Look for better bushes, there is a lot of great plants to get that look more realistic.

1 Like

Thanks basco.

Plants mmm. The Falklands has few plants. I chose those used from photos of the islands.

It is an unusual landscape. More like some areas in the north of Scotland screes & grass.

Does not come out on the photos. I used Polyfilla to undulate the grass quite severely.

Laurie

Of course, I do know the landscape of the Falklands a little, but small bushes, some middle high gras here and there, yes they exist.

1 Like

Hey what about a few of these.

Actually most of the Falkands is grass. Sheep country. Only when you get into the rocky hill parts that you get vegetation tall grass etc.

Having a barn on the landscape it is appropriate to have mostly grass

Laurie

I like the concept. My only sugeestion at this point would be to try to incorporate the boulders into the groundwork rather than on top of it. And also possibly use a more homogenous grouping. I’m no expert (my daughter is the geology SME in this household) but I believe you generally find large boulders lying about like that as a result a glacial movement. I could be, and probably am wrong. I could ask her opinion. She may actually be doing glacier research in the antarctic as part or her graduate degree research.
At any rate, you have some cool opions to try and replicate on a smaller scale.

1 Like

Thanks Phil.

My play on things is that the diorama is there to set off the armour & aircraft.
Instilled in my 50 year career as an Architect ,part of the time building models, you are displaying your building not the countryside.

My play on things is that the diorama is there to set off the armour & aircraft. The fact is I am short of space as I have another 5 items to fit in. Some will be suspended in air from the shelf above. Plus altogether 4 dioramas in my room.

Plus probable a Pecura in air attacking.

Also from the ceiling above the diorama an Avro Vulcan on its Falklands mission
A Hercules & Nimrod. And Victor.

Sadly my room, during the day is a model making room. During the night my bedroom pulling out my bed from under the diorama.

If only I have a 25ft, 7m, square room dedicated. Then I could incorporate a lot more detail. But 8ft 2.4m long 500deep diorama with 20 models on it does not give that scope. I need as much room as possible for the 20 models.

Laurie

1 Like

And more.

Laurie[ ]([URL=https://imageshack.com

2 Likes

Quite aspiring! These are some big planes even at 1:48 scale, best of luck, sounds like the dio-bug has you firmly in it’s grasp, I can relate, I apparently suffer the same disease.
See US Armor in Viet Nam

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

Hi Cajun

DId not make it very clear. Those monster Hercules Nimrod & Victor are 1/72.
but hanging from the ceiling over the diorama.

84 just hoping I have enough time. :laughing:

Laurie

1 Like