What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Did you guys forget there’s a discussion page for those unsightly ads? Not here, please. :face_vomiting:
‘Ads on Kit Maker sites’

—mike

5 Likes

My arthritis has been more noticeable than usual so this is going slowly.

10 Likes

Looks amazing, but I still am unable to understand the internal structure of this magical beast from the various photos. This build better be openable so that everyone can appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into this saucer!

3 Likes

@ RougePilot. Welcome back. Hope your studies are going well. :books:
Thank’s for the kind words and for taking interest in the build. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, that’s the plan. The upper hull structure is completely removable. The pegs around the circumference of the lower hull insure very good alignment with no glue necessary. The upper Bridge assembly will be accessible for inspection as well. :mag::face_with_monocle:

Note: The red triangular objects are weights to prevent the lower hull from lifting-off un-piloted. :grin:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

8 Likes

DSC00953
More paint on Sea Dart missile.

DSC00954
DSC00955
Removal of parts for the starboard Sea Wolf missile box. Besides the usual gates to sand, there are huge bosses to get rid of on the back of some parts.

6 Likes

At last a glimp under the bonnet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ready for the spraybooth
Find the word “Bosch” :sunglasses:

7 Likes

@TeeAge Nice super solid build! And that is some very fine photo etch work you have done there! That’s the kind of build I like to see. I’m impressed. You should be, too.

2 Likes

Built the rear jacks and azimuth ring supports for the missile and temporarily attached them to the rear of the ELT so I could permanently glue the front jack, rear jacks and trailer landing gear in the lowered position.

My grand plan is to have the missile erected in the launch position on the trailer.

I have two of these kits and the other build will be in the transport position somewhere in the future….

Edited for spellin’

7 Likes

Looks cool with the jacks lowered. :smiley:

—mike

3 Likes

Thanks! Well, my studies are… going…
I hope to get back to my StuG over Christmas break!

It’s great to hear the the model will be fit for inspection (speaking of which, we haven’t seen Herr Inspector in a while…) What are the circular things marked with “T”?

(Aside) SPeaking of interiors, it would be amazing to see a model (with interior) of that one massive soviet propaganda plane that even had a movie theater inside. That would be awesome to look inside of, but would be massive and hard to store. :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks, I thought so, too.

5 Likes

Herr Inspektor went into one of the many unlabeled storage boxes when he didn’t want to play nice with the ‘Lancaster Bomber Crew.’ … I can hear him complaining about his accommodations, now. :face_with_monocle:

The “T’s” mark the four Belly Turret Gun positions, they were masked while painting the ‘Cheese Wheel’ (lower hull). Also, ‘RAMP’ marks a rectangular Boarding Ramp cavity, ‘RAMP X’ will be closed.

Here are a couple of older WIP images of the lower hull’s underside (flipped for effect).

One of the four Belly Turrets with aftermarket barrels. :boom::boom::boom::boom:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

9 Likes

Interior work on Carro Veloce:

Cheers,
Angel

10 Likes

Looks very interesting. I hope Herr Inspector decides to play nice again soon, or he’ll have a mountain of paperwork to get through!

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, it’s already yellow (AK 3rd gen)
It’s going to be this one, including umbrellas

9 Likes

The ~1970 era Tamiya Tiger wheel assembly is OK except there should be three wheels instead of two. The big wheel should be two wheels.

Should look like…

TAG120018.1_300x300

…three per assembly…Kali Kat & I concocted a scheme to modify the kit wheels to simulate three wheels.

Cutting a groove in the middle of the fat tire could give the impression it was two tires…groove jig…

The kit wheel after the jig cut, sanding, hand scribing to widen groove and Testor’s Liquid Cement.

Wasn’t looking forward to doing sixteen sets. I’m so happy to buy replacements with a nice set of Model Kasten wheels from a fellow forum member, @RandyT !

10 Likes

Nice! I just love me a groovy jig, man! :hocho::gear:

—mike

3 Likes

Colors are on

10 Likes

Nice camouflage :point_up_2:

Starting to look like something here:

7 Likes