What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Nice effects. I’d be proud of it. What’s next for you?

3 Likes

Thanks sir.
I have a Dragon orange box Tiger 1 (operation Zitadelle ) i started i don’t know when.
I Have always wanted to build aTiger, but i wanted to improve my skills before i did. Hopefully i can bang it out before i get busy again.
Maybe i will start in the next day or Two
:call_me_hand:

7 Likes

I think you’re ready for the big cat :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

The T60 looks really good !!

5 Likes

Great muddy looking piece there Petro. The whitewash has turned out really nice and the mud and weathering gives it a realistic appearance.

4 Likes

Nurburgring madness continues

Got the tracks on; needs touch up and some adjustments in a few places

Got some paint on the howitzer tube. Still working on it

Speaking of tubes, could this be a gas tube under the barrel that operates the breech auto loader?

I hope it’s not direct impingement.

Gonna be a beautiful day here. I’m heading out of my bunker.

15 Likes

Have just started the new Tamiya 1/48 Austin K2Y Ambulance Truck and was wondering what kind of Green I could use here. Tamiya says XF-58 Olive Green but I don’t use Tamiya paints. Does anyone has a different reference like a FS-No. or BS-No.? I prefer to use Vallejo Model Air paints. Thanks in advance!

PS: Al, I’m looking very much forward to the 2024 Ice Hockey World Championships next month in Czech Republic with the Vice Worldchampion Team Germany :de: :ice_hockey:. Still sounds so unreal to me!

8 Likes

Finished the CONEX Box assemblies…

Added remainder of fiddly-bits and PE parts to the second box.

Added masking tape (workable hinges) to the open door version. Attached with CA Glue.

—mike :package: :package:

9 Likes

Between reading and watching baseball outside on the deck in the sunshine, I drilled one hundred and eight .7mm holes in the muzzle brake and assembled the turret. Four big pieces that fit perfectly.

The tube isn’t permanently attached.

I’m gonna stop on this for the moment and get back to the SpahPanzer ….

15 Likes

Got the M813’s scratched radiator in place and put the grille back. Cut out and added the bumper numbers.

Sorry the lower pic is blurred.

On to the tiedowns tomorrow.

11 Likes

Radiator looks good. Good job.

3 Likes

Thanks Gino, it didn’t feel good leaving it with the M54 rad. I appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Attempted to make a snow base for my Sherman

16 Likes

Looking good Erik… very convincing! :snowman_with_snow:

—mike

3 Likes

For green it would likely be Deep Bronze Green No.24 up to early 1939:
Mix: 6 x Humbrol 3 + 3 x Humbrol 10 + 1 x Humbrol 2.

Some time after that, Khaki Green G3 :
Mix: 12 x Revell 361 + 5 x Revell 360 + 7 x Revell 84.
Alternatives; 5 x Humbrol 155 + 1 x Humbrol 10

RAF vehicles in the earlier green, that were based in the UK, may not have been repainted. You may want to lighten the mix slightly for a scale effect.

3 Likes

Bronze green, as @petbat says, is 71.250 or RAL 6031 in the model air line.

6 Likes

Pretty much done here. Did some dry brushing with oil pastels.

I used some goofy “dry bush” brushes I got from Amazon for under $20 and spent more time picking stray brush bristles off than actually dry brushing so I went back to my jar full of worn out chisel brushes for the rest of it.

Search light and storage box are spares from the Kanonenjagdpanzer builds, tools are mostly Revell Leopard 1 spares, as are the tail lights with brush guards, ice cleats/rack, mirrors and the storage box for the traffic warning triangle and slave start cable. 2m brass antennas are from Elite models.

Tracks came from an elderly Revell Kanonenjagdpanzer build that sacrificed itself because I couldn’t take a third set of these tracks after the Das Wart Kanonenjagdpanzer and Beobachtungspanzer builds. Too bad there are staples holding them together.

Anyhow, here it is.

This was a fun build. I’ll be out of my bunker for the rest of the day….

Hey, the ice has melted in my cofffee. I’ll be back in a minute.

16 Likes

Really nicely done. I like the overall sheen, to my eyes it seems perfect in that the paint isn’t too new it hasn’t been in the field yet.

3 Likes

Or nicely cleaned with gasoline, as they often did in my time in the army :wink:

3 Likes

Peter and Al, thanks for taking your time for research. Much appreciated! :+1: In the past few days I also did a lot of research. And at first I also thought of Bronze Green 71250, which is in fact close to NATO Green and I have it on my Leos etc … :smile:
Khaki Green is 71330 from Vallejo, which I - of course - don’t have right here. A reason to get it!
Deep Bronze Green is quite difficult to find, Vallejo does not have it. Last weekend I’ve tested quite a few Greens that I have here, even german, japanese, russian and US … So at least I guess I’ll go with RAF Dark Green like on my Spitfires. Bronze Green is not dark enough and Dark Green is not bronze enough. There we go … :smile:

5 Likes