What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Hey! My favorite WW2 UK ambulance driver.

For discussion only

:musical_note:Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl but she doesn’t have a lot to say…

9 Likes

Al, that’s a very sharp looking model! Thank you for bring it to life. First time I’d heard of it. Very interesting!

2 Likes

@Arch-Stanton That looks great! How did you align the holes in the muzzle brake? I’ve got this on in my stash also and was looking at it as an easy “palette cleanser” build.

2 Likes

Yesterday evening I finished my tailsitting Vamipre … :smile:

DeHavilland DH 100 Vampire FB 9
No. 213 Sqn.
Egypt, 1954
Kit: Airfix 1/48

Main painting was done with Revell paints 99 Aluminium, 302 Black and 310 “Lufthansa” Yellow. Final coating as usual with a 70/30 mix of Revell Clear Gloss and Clear Matt. Sure not my best build ever but also not the best construction of Airfix in the last years. They did already better (Hurricane, Defiant). For the photos I put the Vampire already on a small base with a bit of Uhu Tac under the front wheel.

More informations about the build as usual in my bench works thread in the aircraft section.

Torsten :beers:

9 Likes

Added another bruiser to the motor pool…

Tamiya M1A2 Abrams “Operation Iraqi Freedom”, built as a USMC M1A1HA.

Quick “Shake N’ Bake” Tamiya. I originally bought this kit to source out the bustle rack for my M1IP build, but i had a change of heart at the last second and decided to build the whole kit, because I realized the Tamiya Kit (35269), actually came with the parts to make an Marine Corps variant. Thinking about buying the M1A1 with Mine Plow kit to add the plow to this kit and use THAT bustle rack instead.

Got the base kit built in a few hours, thanks to me actually putting together the turret from spare parts I already had laying around, which cut down on building time. I truly enjoy putting these Tamiya kits together; keeps me occupied on a boring Sunday afternoon. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

While we’re showing women in uniforms. My favourite Spitfire Lady …

… and my favourite B-26 (ferry) pilot …

7 Likes

Some brands sell Her as a figure, like SKP

IMG_5956

6 Likes

What I did today? Super glued my fingers together…:confounded:

12 Likes

Seeing how much needs to be done for it all to fit together conversion for a Takom kit, to an old castoff/ Cromwell 432.

11 Likes

What a gorgeous piece, I love divergents :wink:

2 Likes

Time for the tracks, blackened the Masterclub links not too black #M551

10 Likes

Hey Rick- two things- the muzzle brake is off on its own on the C Sprue on the side.

Mine broke completely off the sprue and fortunately I never throw the sprue bags away until the kit is nearly complete. If I had tossed the plastic bags, I’d still be looking for the muzzle brake…

The brake has dimples molded in it. It’s just a matter of going slow and gently so you don’t smash the brake between your thumb and forefinger- it’s pretty thin. I used a 0.7mm bit.

The kit contains one “double sprue” with the running gear mostly and two other sprues of miscellaneous parts.

There is an upper and lower hull and turret.
Way less than 100 parts total.

And then there are five track sprues with 32 T158 track links, 32 guide horns and 64 end connectors……

Tracks are very nice with no sink marks or ejector pins, just tedious as hell. I used Testors liquid cement…

So far it builds up nice. Good luck

6 Likes

That’s a beaut Torsten!
And the airplane ain’t bad neither.

2 Likes

Scratched the brackets for each pod’s lifting shackles, the kit ones didnt survive. Two pieces of plastic sheet and a soft wire section for each shackle. I may have to trim these a bit as there’s not much wiggle room when the pods are positioned on the bed………

9 Likes

Thats why mittens were create.

2 Likes

I almost did the same thing today! Great minds act alike! :confounded:

Been fighting with my BIG idea for workable hinges for the CONEX Box. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I realized that using the green masking tape was a big mistake — doesn’t play nice with CA glue. So today, I ripped and cleaned everything out and started all over using Tamiya Masking Tape instead — seems better already. … To be continued. :hammer_and_wrench::package:

—mike

4 Likes

In the R/C world there’s hinge material that comes to mind - not the hinge tape though. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Had a feeling there was something out there like that, but I’m limiting myself to a DIY solution for this project. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

2 Likes

Mock up before I head out to take the Wife to PT….

12 Likes

Yesterday & today.

Two model shows on back to back weekends has triggered another hobbyroom reorganization on the logistics side.

14 Likes