What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

That way you can pull up reference material in Ultra HD!

5 Likes

Well I would rather see pictures of my models in lower Resolution honestly :smile:

6 Likes

Finished! But one part is broken and I can’t find the missing part

Nice evening :v:

7 Likes

Rouge the color looks good.

1 Like

Finished a little dio to take to the hobbyshop.

11 Likes

Matt. Try using ‘paint on’ liquid mask in a couple of layers over and between the rivets/bolts and along the edge where they run. Tape will go onto that (you can also run the masking fluid onto the edge of the tape onto the previous masking fluid too, to hold it down. Saves all the work trying to get the masking tape down flat around rivets.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip Peter. Will give that a try.

2 Likes

After burnising down the edges of your tape mask,consider first spraying with clear gloss to seal any leaks or run spots under the masking. After that is dry only then spray with the finish color

2 Likes

Thank you. I really enjoyed using the pigments on the feet and legs of the soldiers.

1 Like

Cockpit Canopies, Rocket pods, and Drop Tanks

8 Likes

Added Panel line wash on the drop tanks & rocket pods. Need to go back and clean up the pods. Because the first attempt looked too feeble. Second: the color call out for the rocket pods calls for silver. But looking at them. And I’m thinking that maybe I should have used Aluminum.

8 Likes

I did a thing.

As usual, Tamiya kit go together beautifully.

16 Likes

Oh My Goodness. I saw one of those recently at a favorite hobby store of mine. I would have loved to have bought it. But the price was Abit more than I could afford. It’s a pretty tough looking model. MAYBE just Maybe. One of these day’s I will build one.

2 Likes

Ooh, is that the M51 Sherman, or is it a Firefly?

It’s an M51. I do have the Firefly from Ryefield in my stash that I’ll get to later on.

3 Likes

The stowage options I’ve seen on M51s are pretty cool. Does scale concertina wire exist? I saw concertina wire on the M51 reviewed by Nicholas Moran on Inside the Chieftain’s Hatch.

So I did some rework on the drop tanks. Using the panel line accent color ( my first time) and I Really like the way they have turned out. Though the top color doesn’t seem to stand out as well as the bottom ( liter color) does. Let me know what you think. Looking forward to using it on the airframe when I get to that part.

6 Likes

Both my Tempos are proceeding well this weekend …

Still a way to go but the major work is done … :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

And Today as I had Hoped, I did the Primer color on the Fuselage. Upper and lower

This is alot further than I managed to get with the first one. So I’m pretty happy with it.

10 Likes

Started casting wheels and assembled the main components of the arch

12 Likes