What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Good point. Voyager AP051 looks very simple for early T-34’s. Looking around seems Academy includes some in their 34/85 kit. Hmm.

Might be good enough for a project. More “detail” then the simple pe set and more likely to be completed then Angel’s version with better detail. :thinking:

4 Likes

Very nice paint work!

2 Likes

I can confirm that. I use the Leveling thinner also with Tamiya.
I also started with Mr surfacer and the Leveling thinner, as an primer.
Such a great results.
Ok, it smells comparing to Vallejo etc, but such a smooth result

4 Likes

I went to kick the tires and light the fires, but…

:man_mechanic: “Not to worry sir, they’re only flat on the bottom (x12). … And besides, with your current rate of building speed, you won’t be needing them for quite a while.” :wheel:

“D’Oh!” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

9 Likes

We’re all having trouble with inflation…:wink:

4 Likes

It seems Herr Inspektor has transferred in some help from the ranks to assist the inflation Mike:

I think he has what it takes…

3 Likes
4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Thank’s for the reciprocal chuckle guys!

Here’s a small detail I knocked out today… the replacement ‘KAT’ logo for the cab and arm.

KAT Logo

—mike …:flying_saucer:

4 Likes

Technically it should be ‘RAU’ short for ‘Raupe’ or ‘GLE’ short for ‘Gleiskette’ :nerd_face: :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry, too cryptic for this cat… :man_shrugging:

—mike

2 Likes

Cat is short for Caterpillar, the German word for caterpillar (little wiggly critter that eventually will metamorphose into a flying critter) is Raupe.
Gleiskette is literally track chain,as in small sections of track chained together.
Tracked vehicles were initially described as track laying, they run on a track that
they put down in front of themselves and pull up behind themselves.

3 Likes

It’s the same here in the US. … Just me butchering “CAT” (Caterpillar Co.) into sounding like German “KAT” for the fun of it.

For some reason, Google wasn’t translating “Raupe Gleiskette” earlier. Guess it depends on which app I use.

“Lost in translation”… :upside_down_face:

—mike

4 Likes

superglued my fingers together!!!

9 Likes

Finished my AFV Club SdKfz 263 for the Fog of War campaign:

Added the scratchbuilt seats to the Tiger Model Nagmachon:

The chipping needs fixing as it is a bit too much.

I also got stuck into the painting of the Interior of my Meng Renault FT, including the scratch built ammo racks:

Feeling like I accomplished something.

14 Likes

A classic!
Been there, done that
:rofl:

3 Likes

Google Translate can be a bit “moody” sometimes …

2 Likes

Spent two hours just taping with Tamiya masking tape, then carefully trimming between the rivets with the very tip of a #11 blade.
Masked off the white on the top of my RR AC.
Then broke out my trusty Iwata Revolution CR to paint the rest of the car Tamiya XF-18 Medium Blue.
I thinned the paint 50/50 with Mr. Color Leveling Thinner and shot it at 12 PSI.

Everything went great. Just waiting for this to cure up, then detail painting and a gloss coat for decals.
Oh, I have to remove the tape, too!

13 Likes

A little building today, tomorrow I have to work.

I will do some parts of the gun.
Have a nice weekend :v:

4 Likes

Finally finished the model with dust effects and ligth splash mud.

11 Likes

Bought a new tv for my current workbench

9 Likes