What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Thank you very much! I don’t know how much modelmaking I’ll be able to do with my vacation this summer and starting university, but I’ll definitely try!

3 Likes

Nothing at the workbench but I did get into the garage to lay a base coat on the model I’m working on now. Next is detail paint and a gloss coat then light weathering and the mat coat then done.

3 Likes

Putting decals on this ,

13 Likes

And this,

10 Likes

1/16 is a nice scale- there are some beautiful pieces out there- Alpine’s WW2 figs are particularly good.
You should go for it in that new figure campaign- I’ve also signed up for it as I missed the previous one you mentioned.

4 Likes

In the past few days it was happy sanding time on my 45 years old Monogram B-26 Marauder. This re-release is from 2003. Tried not to hurt the raised panel lines too much but had to erase the 3 formation lights aft of the turret gun for better sanding. Some Micro Kristal Klear will make them visible again in the end. Sanding the underside was much easier than the upperside …

7 Likes

Think its Finished .

13 Likes

Hahaha! :joy:

Frank, if your Corsair is Finnish :finland: it has the wrong markings on it. The Finns flew nearly everything they could get their hands on, but I guess a Corsair wasn’t among them … :wink:

Yours is a Mk. II, right? Hobbyboss? Looks really nice! :+1:

2 Likes

I Will amended, only got an x-level in English, yes hobby boss 1/48, Corsair mk2 .

2 Likes

I want to make a new topic for the construction of this diorama, but I need a name for this. The idea is that the three guys are going to a town to help set up/replenish the defenses. Could you guys help me come up with some interesting names?
For now, I will be going with “Replenishment Route”.

1 Like

Decals on. Once dried and sealed I can start some weathering.

11 Likes

Hello gents,

Still working on the Cummins L10 - getting close to calling it done:

Looking a bit more complete than yesterday. The right side includes the turbo, airbox and several sensors:

There are a couple of filters too, and some elements of the correct block.

Up top:

Ahhh…the magic of giant photos of small builds - well, I’ll clean up what I can see! I finished about half of the firewall, but wont go further until I get a steering column in.

And some more work on the fuel side:

This engine is a bit of a hodge podge of L10s - using images of several vintages to get what I want - for the turbo side I found a nice diagram showing where the sensors are, but the fuel side has been less clear. I found a good picture of a remanufactured fuel pump, but the rest has required looking a lots of images. I was able to find several images of clean engines - which is also helpful, but they are stripped of hoses and wiring - so, this is what I am calling close enough! Except, just noticed I still need to add the “top side” of the starter!! perfect…

Cheers, and happy model building -
Nick

19 Likes

‘Going to Town’ ?
or
‘Gone to Town’ ?

3 Likes

I am going down that exact road myself.

2 Likes

Finally finished my IDF M113

13 Likes

No time to work on my jagdpanther last weekend, I had to work. Today is my sunday, I will go on a little bit today. Maybe some tracks, still 160 to bring together.
Have a nice day

2 Likes

Returned home last week after several weeks away, realized the hobby room was a chaotic mess.

Kali did fantastic keeping the other kitties out of the hobby room. She’s a top notch Guard cat…lol

Picked up a file folder holder for $12 for parts trees to help organize.

I like idea and think this will be a good change.

On the desk

Cleaned and re-organized desk.

…now to stick parts together…

10 Likes

That is very smart! Thank you for the idea. This will definitely save space on the dsk.

4 Likes

I got a similar thing from the Gundam guys but I think I paid double should have done this.

3 Likes

Look up… :point_up::grin:

Painted the Landing Gear. …:paintbrush:
Struts: Vallejo Light Grey (71.050)
Hydraulic Cylinders: Vallejo Silver (71.063)

Riveted, sprayed and hung the Wheel Well Doors.
• Vallejo Interior Grey Green (71.305)

PULL TAPE!

That’s all for now.
—mike …:flying_saucer:

12 Likes