What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Continuing work on my diorama:
3 bushes freshly made. I think I’ve got the process down now. If you want the details, I can get you an explanation later.

Then I glued and tacked the foam onto the foam base, so now I have some verticality to my base.

7 Likes

Its a kit from 2020 and its not bad, but not great either. The tracks are full lengh and need to be bend, which is a pita. It feels like a kit from 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Added tools, spare tracks & tow cables.

Working on 3D printed tracks…

16 Likes

That’s surprising, after reading the report I thought the kits are better. If 1/72 is your scale, did you ever build a kit from " vespid models "? They are around 20,-€, with metal parts and lots of PE. It would interest me how good the vespid-kits are

1 Like

I like these tracks, very easy and fast to build

2 Likes

I do mainly 1/35. This particular kit was supposed to be a quick inbetween project. I do have the Dragon 1/35 Grille in the stash somwhere.

3 Likes

just the doorhandles of the HANOMAG

11 Likes

Desk for the day, while out canal boating, more updates to follow.

12 Likes

Well done Frank; living the dream!

5 Likes

Just need to find a way to fit an airbrushing space , into the boat, then fully happy.

6 Likes

Wow - does the Carpet Monster have a feral cousin? :thinking:

5 Likes

Portable air compressor/cylinder on wheels. Move it topside or shore with ease if spraying inside is too much.

3 Likes

I made the mistake of bringing a Friul track set camping once - total disaster.

8 Likes

Today I make the amunition, not really motivated, it’s really hot here. Maybe some thunderstorm is on the way.
Have a nice weekend :v:

1 Like

We are looking at, probably a bigger boat, from 47 to 60/65 ft, me rebuilt the interior again. Prices are way to high at the minute, they increased over covid and after by 40%.

3 Likes

Left track wrapped!

One to go…

I like the RFM 3D links 10x times better than Tamiya’s link & length provided with the kit.

14 Likes

Frank,

I picked up a No-Name, yes that is the brand, USB rechargeable compressor from Spraygunner in the US. I rigged it with a flexible air hose and quick disconnects and use it with my airbrushes. This thing works great and is very compact and quiet. For small jobs, I use it at my workstation rather than moving to the paint booth and big compressor.

7 Likes

Interesting. So these smaller ones work?

1 Like

VERY interesting!

1 Like

Got my fence parts ready to go. I won’t be using all of the rail pieces, but I made extras just in case. The fence is scaled to be about equivalent to 4 ft high, with about 8 feet between posts, and 3.5 in wide rails. There will be three rails per section.

7 Likes