What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Wrapped the other track.

10 Likes

I spent the past few days working on the interior of my Bronco Buffalo …

I have returned

14 Likes

Good to see you back Ezra!

3 Likes

@RougePilot , The little USB compressor works great. I got a good deal on it at the IPMS/USA Nats last year. I thought that it would only be used occasionally if it worked at all. Instead, I think I’ve used it more than my paint booth and “big” compressor. I do most of my fine, detail work with this and use the booth and “big” compressor for clear coats, base coats, etc. I’ve only had the battery run down once when I was doing a WW1 dazzle camo job. I love it. Here is my whole set-up.

I added quick disconnects so that the hose is removed/installed in an instant and a flow regulator to reduce the pressure for finer lines. It works with all 3 of my airbrushes but use it mostly with the Harder & Steenbeck.

11 Likes

I spent the evening scratch building an air regulator for the air brakes on my Commander Models US WW2 155mm Gun M1918 (GPF).

I need a whiskey!

10 Likes

@taylorrl, make that a double! Nice work!

I spent the day scratching up a bumper and a grill for a Scammell conversion -

yeah - the grill induced the need for a shot or two of my favorite Rye. The grill is made of remnant bits of etch from a slat armor kit. I included the guy for scale - while this rig is very short, especially considering it has a tandem rear, it is also oddly big - excuse the wonky angles, as all is still dryfit.

And no, the hood and fenders are not from the Scammell kit - they’ve been cut up and reassembled from an M939 to suit my needs, and the grill from an RG-31. The vertically oriented grill guard and old-timey headlights are an homage to the base Scammell Pioneer -

Just before working on the grill, I figured out how to make the hood operable:

This allows me to open the hood and clearly see that the head of my Cummins L10 looks nothing like the real thing! :smile:

Cheers
Nick

12 Likes

Nice looking tracks, the sag is very pleasing. :+1:

3 Likes

And a nice return indeed. :+1:

4 Likes

That looks like a nice little set up.

2 Likes

Interesting! You’ll have to share the specific name of this compressor and the products you used for the hose and quick disconnect, because this might be worth it to get started with airbrushing.

Can it regulate the pressure, and is it constantly on, or does it pressurize, then let you paint in silence for some time?

2 Likes

No-name brand is the name.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I looked around on the site and found this monstrosity:

2 Likes

I have this as well what airline did you use to connect the compressor to the gun, I’ve been wanting to do that as well.

1 Like

I like the ryefield 3d tracks too. T-rex has good ones too, the ryefields are a little better I think. But t-rex has some in 1/16 too, but very high priced. After every track-build session I think about them, but it’s to much for some tracks.
The tracks look really good on your model👍

2 Likes

@Panzer_modeler Hey Ezra! Welcome back! Where’d you disappear to man? I know - girlfriend.
We ALL have phases in our life where modeling takes a back seat to wimin.
How you doin’?

4 Likes

It’s worth get start painting with an airbrush in every case, you will see when you do it. The most importent thing is to learn do try first to use it right, don’t make my mistake and think it looks perfect by just change the brush with the airbrush. It takes some time but you will see the different :v:

2 Likes

Indeed. When I get started, I’ll need help with getting what I need for it, such as for cleaning, etc…
Then help with paints. I’ll probably have to start with just normal even coats, such as primer, base, and varnish. Then when I get comfortable with those, I can move on to camo, etc… Or even preshading and other tricks like that. I still like hand-painting camo patterns, though.

1 Like

I have a magazine from ammo of mig, you can find more to that at " what are you reading " here. You will find any information you need and it gives you help with the first steps with your airbrush. I wish, I had found this earlier, lots of … would not had happen. It also tells you everything about colours and all the things you can do with your airbrush, it’s really, really good and helpful

2 Likes

this one?

1 Like

I would like to know where you got the regulator and hose for the rechargeable air brush set up. I picked up one at the Las Vegas nationals and i want to copy tour set up. Could you post some links please.

1 Like