What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Doing indy track while watching Indy track. Right?

7 Likes

Got the lower hull and running gear on the Magach painted and gloss coated. Once dry time for the oil wash. Turret also assembled.

2 Likes

Trying to relearn the aspects of review sprue shots with a new camera new photo setup. Experimental images are of the 1/72 Hobby Boss 2S19M2.

Obviously setup needs refining to eliminate shadows. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I’ve been having too much fun with styrene, brass rod, resin bolts and using-up spare parts! :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike :grin:

9 Likes

Just finished the decals on this:

Next weekend I go back to the Bergepanzer III.

10 Likes

Messing around with some extra M-113 parts I had laying around the bench.

Added some mesh parts (scrounged from the mesh on the Tamiya M60A1 ERA) to the intake grills, this might end up as part of my upcoming M1068A3 SICP build.

Also helped out @Petition2God wirh some pictures of my WW2 era .30 and .50 caliber ammo cans for his 3D work.

And finally, getting the Tamiya M151A2 painted.

Base paint of Tamiya TS-28 masked windshield and ready for detail painting.

All in all, a very productive weekend.

11 Likes

Was able to work more on the Whippet, I think it’s almost ready to black prime it all before closing it up.

5 Likes

Finally got some clear on this M48A2GA2 that I built straight out of the out of the box except the searchlight, main gun barrel, pioneer tools and water cans that I found in my spare junk. This was supposed to be calming build after completing a resin conversion and a 3D printed kit.

Now I can set this aside and begin to concentrate on the M548 build for the IDF campaign.

12 Likes

Nice job. :+1: :+1: I have one set aside as I need to get a set of AM tracks. Picked it up at a show from a private seller dirt cheap but sans the kit tracks.

2 Likes

If you want to take the time with them, I recommend the AFV Club tracks.

And if you want to really go nuts, find the PSM upgrade kits for this. I wasn’t in the mood to go nuts.

Love that camo pattern. We need to see more of those 1970s-80s paint jobs.

Nice work on that M48, Al! :+1:

Have done a bit of masking on my F4F’s this past weekend … :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve built the AFV tracks before. Considering the new Takom indy links.

Here’s what the Takoms look like. After doing a set of Leopard tracks that assembled like this, I swore I’d never do them again, but that’s just me. :grinning:

5 Likes

Doing decals ( or “deckles” as Brett Green from the land dan unduh calls them )…

9 Likes

Worked on the Alpha this morning.

Dragon wheels, horn and blackout lamp.

Most of the Alpha pics show smooth (non riveted) steel? wheels. Although some have mixed wheels.

As far as I know, the only styrene (smooth) M113 wheels are made by Dragon, although I’ve never built an AFV Club M113.

I can never remember the difference the two M113 wheels: one is smooth/steel and the other is riveted/aluminum?

Edited for clarity and grammar.

6 Likes

Got some decals down on my Humber for the ‘Movie star’ build and sprayed the squadron blue diamond last night.

Also did some more build on my SdKfz 263. Added some details to the casemate.

6 Likes

Working on the track.

A buddy is working on making some mods to the 1/72 Fujimi Ch-46 kit by making the larger tanks to a proper E model.

7 Likes

Assembled previously cleaned up track links and installed. Drilled out two links each track to allow used of dress pin for easy install and removal for painting. Will replace dress pin with kit track pins at final assembly.

10 Likes

Nothing exciting to show. I just got my workbench tidied up and reorganized until I start the new years batch of projects.

3 Likes