What if...Urban Assault

Not quite sure where this should go, but as it’s a WIP I thought here would be appropriate…
Ever wondered why NATO never developed a Terminator type vehicle,… Well I have… Introducing my HURAV… Heavy Urban Reconniasance and Assault Vehicle.

Main sub-assemblies blu-taced together to get a feel for it all.
Shooty sticks in the form of 30mm Bushmaster x2 on order and a launcher of some description for thetmobaric munitions on the turret side.

Toying with the idea of slat-modified from HobbyBoss LEO2A6M CAN… Anyhow, thoughts, suggestions, comments very graciously welcomed

Uploading: IMG_20210117_163722.jpg…

5 Likes

Thats a cool idea! Looking forward to more!

1 Like

Very interesting idea- I think it is looking well at the minute. I like the angular turret. I think slat- modified would be a good luck. Perhaps a protection system like Trophy would be an idea?

1 Like

Ezra, Karl, thank you both very much!
I like the idea of a trophy type thingy. Another little project to build then…

1 Like

Trying out the slat…

5 Likes

This is gonna look awesome!

1 Like

Wow, dig that HURAV. :+1:t5:

1 Like

This all depends on how much “Sci-Fi” you want to put into it… If you want realism, then all your parts will have to be realistic tank parts. If you want to “Sci-Fi” it, then you can use whatever spare parts and knickknacks that you can find to create whatever weapons and sensor systems your imagination desires. :smile:

1 Like

Cheers folks, Itry to keep my “Whifs” credible so trying to “keep it real”.

1 Like

Postie delivered my 2 Bushmaster so a quick fix with some blutac…

5 Likes

I like it, looks entirely plausible.

1 Like

Looks great…you can either go down the "why haven’t they built this already " to the full on what if scenario…great concept :+1:

1 Like

Thanks both. Like I said earlier, I try to go for more credible type of what if’s…
Need to decide on a paint scheme. Thinking of a modified version of the Berlin scheme. Any thoughts graciously welcomed.

3 Likes

Abstract Splinter in white, grey, black and green​:smiley::+1:

1 Like

What is green smiley camo? :nauseated_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Damn… Where did that supposed smiley face go… And … I suppose a smiley cam is a happy cam lol :blush:

2 Likes

Berlin camo on the would look smashing!

1 Like

I have to agree with what others have said- something like the Berlin camo would look great.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input.
Thinking of a variation on it- replace the brown with black maybe and poss 2 shades of grey instead of one… Need to try it out on a bit of card first to see what it might look like.

2 Likes

That model is looking fantastic, a neat idea for sure!

Berlin camo would be quite fitting specially with this chassis. I am however a personal fan of the Nordic geometric camouflage patterns, could look pretty cool as well.

2 Likes