What is your favorite, less known tool?

@SSGToms , @varanusk . . . .

Arrrgh! The WWW is a funny animal, I did a search on Voyager TEZ058 and ebay is “oos” but BNA didn’t even come up on the search albeit another on-line shop did come up that I’ve added to my fav’s to check out later. Anyway thanks guys, I’m leaning towards the Voyager choice since it can make a hex-head bolt head as well.

Cajun :crocodile:

I don’t find it that useful, the tool is very thin so the head bolts are either equally thin or the upper part is domed. I haven’t been very successful with that, perhaps you can get better results.

Reverse tweezers may be on the edge of known and lesser known, but they are still great tools to have. They are great for holding decals and small parts, especially when you need to get them on at weird angles or just need to keep hold of it.

The ones with the 45 degree bent tip and the fine point at best for such applications.

2 Likes

Got a pair of those “As Seen on TV” magnifying glasses with built in LEDs. They work great and are not heavy and clumsy like an Opti Visor.

2 Likes

Two that I’ve used successfully:

1. Clay shaping tools. They look like a paintbrush, but with a rubber tip instead of a brush. Great for working with decals and some pigments.
  1. Wax pencil for nail art. They sell these wax pencils which make it really easy to pick up and place tiny parts. They are originally designed for putting small gems on painted nails.
2 Likes

My circle cutter which I use for cutting circular masks for wheels etc.

1 Like

I bought this specific one yes, the blades are photoetched, and quite weird in shape. I only use the normal ones and have not used the saw attachment. You get about 30 different blades and the holder holds one on each end.