What new Takom model is this?

1 Like

Lots of speculation on another site. Some say Marmon Harrington MkII, others say Paper Panzer from a game. We shall see.

3 Likes

COuld it be a possible E-100? the tracks are wide, it had MG ports on both sides and the cupola on top is similar to that of a King Tiger…

1 Like

I am not thinking tank. What has a basket across the rear of the hull. Engineer or recovery vehicle?

1 Like

Could it be a Bergerpanzer 3A1 “Buffel”?

2 Likes

Neither the E-100 or the Bergepanzer match that silhouette, guys.

2 Likes

part of me says a Somua S35, but the tracks on the silhouette are much wider… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Tried finding a good profile of the Marmon but Pinterest has all the good ones. That profile is definitely closer than the other suggestions.

2 Likes

Maybe. The silhouette does look close. Not as much meat in the wheels/track area though.

2 Likes

I appears to have side shields above the road wheels.

1 Like

It was fun looking at vehicle profiles, trying to figure out what it might be.

(Now I want a model of a Fiat 2000.)

1 Like

Sort of armoured truck?

1 Like

Maybe this Famo with V2 Trailer.

1 Like

No, I have Trumpeter’s 7/3 and the silhouettes from the front are different.

1 Like

I haven’t got a clue what this item could be, but it’s looking pretty obviously tracked, and the thging on top looks to have the profile of a “porsche” tiger II turret.

1 Like

Gino’s paper Panzer keeps recirculating through my mind. You have the turret looking top but there is that squarish shape to imply something else is there also.

1 Like

I spent some time looking through World of Tanks’ collection of German vehicles and saw no profiles that resemble the Takom image. Now, if they are just applying the term to any project that never made it off the drafting table then someone else will have to go through all the other nation lists, because it’s a lot.

I just picked WoT as I used to play it, and they have done tie-ins with Italeri and some other companies in the past. Or it could be War Thunder, idk.

Just pootin’ out some ideas.

2 Likes

Could the ‘thick tracks’ be double tyre sets?

Mal

1 Like

German A7v ? Trojan or kodiak,

1 Like

Looks like an A7V to me.

1 Like