What new Takom model is this?

Takom’s catalog includes a fair number of prototype armored vehicles, many of them Russian.

It has very wide tracks, a tall cabin, and a relatively small turret. My first thought was that it is some kind of early armored personnel carrier, probably interwar, built on a Holt Tractor or something similar. It resembles experimental Russian vehicles like the D-10 , D-11, and D-14, though the turret is wrong.

I doubt it is truck based because it lacks an obvious differential bulge.

Edit: The guess below is the best I have seen so far. Takom already produces a couple Maus models.

2 Likes

8 Likes

That could be the potential winner Nikos … bit of a monster if it is … and i want one just for the crazy factor lol

3 Likes

Not a fan of German whatif tanks.

I would rather see more us heavies like the T32 or the T28/95 or T54/57 or T110 and similar

2 Likes

They make me chuckle as 95% of them are just so impracticable…

7 Likes

If I recall correctly, double stacked turrets were tried on a few warships with not so great results.

I was really hoping for some oddball WW1 or interwar kluge. Oh well.

Fairly confident Takom will get around to the US T28 and T32. A US M6 would also be great. The people at Takom pretty obviously enjoy heavies.

3 Likes

That’s why some brands complain their models don’t sell…

1 Like

Bu-but why? I think it’s a cool (ish) idea, but honestly I would rather have something else like some of the vehicles @Damraska and @gtdeath13 talked about. I like German what-ifs, but this is a little… Odd? Too far? Not really sure what to say but I mean with Takom’s other great releases lately maybe I’m a little spoiled.

That being said, this is definitely one of the stranger “what-ifs”. This model will be HUGE so I’ll probably never get around to building one. But it’s still cool. But odd.

2 Likes

If you construct something for the Führer, be it practical or not, you don´t have to go to the Eastern Front.

5 Likes