What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Now you’ve done it - given me opportunity to stand on my soapbox and preach about the best plastic kit experience in my lifetime…. Enjoy it . Every modeler regardless of favorite scale or genre should put one of these together to see how good a kit can be .

3 Likes

^^^ What he said. ^^^

Some Ordonance for my Phantom FGR.2 build.
BL755 Cluster bumbs. Eduard vs. ResKit

Eduard parts

Eduard decals

Eduard part above and ResKit below

9 Likes

please sell me that WNW… please :slight_smile:

Well after what everyone here said about these kits I had to get them. That was an expensive trip to the LHS…

Had a hard time deciding on the D model Mustang or the D/K. This box was sealed while the other was opened so that tipped the scales for me.

Really looking forward to the Lightning.

7 Likes

I’m about to start another P-38f/g lightning for the guadalcanal build. FYI, I bought a bunch of aftermarket for my first and on this the only aftermarket I’m getting are the machine guns (very visible) and the quinta cockpit kit. I closed up the first one and that kit was really a waste of money because with the pilot in the cockpit and it closed up you can’t see much of it but I’ll leave the cockpit open and unpiloted this time to show that off.

It really is an awesome kit.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ll probably just build this one OOB.

The Eduard P-51 is amazing. Just went through it.

@Spitfire
I have built the Eduard Mustang recently as RCAF and RAAF ponies. If you like have a look in my bench works thread on Aeroscale.
Oh, and 55 USD for this kit is quite a number … :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll look that up.

It sure is. The Lightning was $65. Models are expensive these days. I remember when Dragon armor kits started going over $50 and people were shocked.

I bought them because I was here, the wife was on board with it, and I like to support the LHS where possible.

It can be very healthy sometimes :grin:

1 Like

One more Yellow Wings acquisition…

6 Likes

Added my first helo as part of the sprue bros hasegawa sale! Might I add my favorite helo of all time

6 Likes

Another SB lighting deal.

6 Likes

Another one I found in the charity shop down the road. I was intrigued by all the marking options.

The plastic is, shall we say, a bit rough but a lot better than the Hobbycraft one I did in my youth.

The painting guide is quite nicely printed in colour, if a bit small. The decals on the blue paper look a lot better than those on the white. It is however, lacking some of the markings shown in some of the schemes. There are definitely some tail markings from the Peruvian example missing.

I might just throw it together, test the decals and look out for the Zvezda kit. At least the money went to a good cause.

10 Likes

I’ve been following all of the tasty stash additions here but haven’t contributed for too long, time to fix that!

This Hasegawa kit in 1/32 arrived today from a Facebook BSS group. Second hand but still factory sealed which is great!

A beautiful looking airframe, can’t wait to get started on it. New tool in 2007, this is reboxed with new decals in 2009.

Cheers, D

11 Likes

Nice score, Damien. Very cool that they’re released one in a solid camo pattern. Relatively rare to see modeled it seems. Hien: in my eyes, especially the longnose version, the best looking fighter airframe of World War II.

2 Likes

Nice acquisition! I love this model. Nostalgic and sentimental attachments to it. I still have the first one that I built, completely unpainted. It’s in pieces but I still have it. I’ve acquired a couple recently, including the resin upgrade for it. Can’t remember the name of the man that did it, although he used to hang out a lot on Agape Models.

1 Like

No argument here, superb design and just beautiful graceful lines!

1 Like

My latest. Cast a week or so ago. And a perfect example of why we should not " assume. " I really wanted- and still want, hint hint hint hint - the 1/72 cockpit for the Monogram A-1E. I asked Mike if he still had it and he said he would. But foolishly I did not stipulate the 1/72 model. I did not even consider that there might be a 1/48 set. I really screwed the pooch. So if anybody wants this 1/48 A-1E cockpit, let me know. And if anybody has the 1/72 set and would like to part with it, please contact me.

2 Likes

Love the Breguet. Not graceful but a handsome design. I’ve read they had really good performance. I don’t know how they stacked up to a Bristol Fighter, or the Halberstadt CL series. Eons ago when I used to actually built models :persevere:, I managed to snare one at a decent price in the long box Aurora issue. Has the molded insignia. I tried to scrub them off with MEK. I looked really funny out in the front yard with a respirator and big chemical gloves on. If anybody knows an “easy” way to get rid of those molded on insignias, I’d like to know.