What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Hi again

A pair of nice deliveries arrived over the last couple of days.

Firstly - and I don’t know about you all, but I’m always either losing or breaking the smallest drill-bits in a set(!). With my local hobby shop closed due to the pandemic, I had a look on Amazon and found a neat multi-pack that not only includes multiples of the smallest sizes, but also goes down to 0.1mm - something I seldom see. Admittedly, it’d probably break if you look at it too hard(!), but it’s handy to have to hand. The set even includes a pin vice, and it’s always handy to have an extra one:

And today the new revised edition of Airframe & Miniature #12 arrived, courtesy of Valiant Wings. Watch out for a review soon:

Take care and stay safe.

All the best

Rowan :beer:

3 Likes

Well the postman brought this a few hours ago. A friend on another site found these at a great price at a shop near him and offered to pick one up for me and mail it at his cost. Thank you John! I love the “painting guide for lozenge pattern camouflage” labeling… on such a large subject that’s gonna drive me crazy! But then again, I used to parachute out of perfectly good airplanes in the middle of the night, so I have screw loose upstairs somewhere…

4 Likes

My first post in this topic…
Just received all this in the past week. Want to get into it, but I have too much going right now on the bench.

5 Likes

New books arrived today.
DSC00017 DSC00018

1 Like

Hi again

Postie was busy yesterday delivering a couple of beauties courtesy of Eduard via Andy! :beer:

Once they’re reviewed, they’ll be my main entries for our Steffen Arndt memorial campaign.

All the best

2 Likes

I ordered this base on Friday and it arrived in today’s mail

and out of the package…

and a quick try on with my A-7 from last year. Just the thing for photo shoots!

3 Likes

I don’t have a photo but I received today the Eduard 1/48 SE.5a Hispano-Suiza profipack. I’m going to substitute that into the Steffan Arndt memorial campaign. My Albatros is nice, but it’s awfully simple, and it seems that campaign calls for something with a little more sophistication to it…

That looks really cool!
The A-7 is amazing!

Thank you Ezra. I finished that A-7 before I started posting on here, so it’s something of a debut for it on this site.

1 Like

My Meng F18-E should be here in a few days.!!! :crossed_fingers:

New books from Sprue Brothers arrived today.
DSC00024

1 Like

DSC00383 (Small)

Great files!

1 Like

Just got these in.
Very nice sets, hope they work well.

1 Like

Finally I got him:

4 Likes

These arrived today with a Porsche 911 GT3. The 104 will be in CDN colour scheme and can’t wait to start the F14 in the Macross scheme.

IMG_5640_1

2 Likes

I have the Jaguar and just waiting for the right time to build.

I had found this decal set up for sale on Scalemates awhile back. It finally arrived in yesterday’s mail. I’m planning to use the VF-162 option. It will look great next to my VF-162 Crusader one day.

2 Likes

Oh that wicked eBay… the other day I got one of those seller offers on eBay that I couldn’t say no to… and in today’s mail…

2 Likes

Little parcel from PlazaJapan containing these kits. I’ve done very few Japanese aircraft over the years and when I saw these going for a very low price, I couldn’t resist.

The box at the top has the Judy inside (no.3 on the box top).
An oldie and quite a lot of flash and simple details, but should build up well.

The G3M is a lot nicer. Simple interior (I don’t think any of it will be seen anyway), but nicely engraved surface details and options to build the Type 11 or 21. And that two colour plastic reminds me so much of the old Matchbox kits!

Instructions are almost all in Japanese for both kits, so I have no idea about the squadron’s the decals are for.
Should be fun.

1 Like

Hi all

It’s my birthday today, so it was a relief when I got home work to see that Postie had called! :laughing:

I’ve got some fun new toys to play with:

A couple of partial capos for my guitars, and a lovely little PZL.11c. Admittedly, it’s not “my scale” - and I’d probably have groaned inwardly if I hadn’t just built Special Hobby’s new 1:72 Bf 109E - but I had such fun with that, I must admit I’m really looking forward to tackling what is clearly a gem of a kit from Arma Hobby! :beer:

My “present to me” is due to arrive tomorrow and should also be fun - a fancy reverb pedal. So, if you don’t see many modelling updates from me for the next few days you’ll know playing guitar is proving to be a real distraction from the workbench!. :wink:

All the best

4 Likes