What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

These online purchases arrived last week… for my 1/48 air forces

One can never have too many Roundels or Squadron Codes…

and these gorgeous 3-D printed TERs of the type used by F-16s finally came in from Ukraine…

7 Likes

Shook the easter bunny and this fell out.

8 Likes

Nice. Doesn’t look extraordinarily aerodynamic, but maybe the mudflaps extend out as wings or something??? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The kit allows for more item being opened in a static style display.

Don’t mind, anything can fly… it just depends… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:

Not necessarily aircraft specific but got these. Man they were tough to find

Was using Novus but was never happy with the result. From reviews these seem to provide much more predictable results

4 Likes

Well there were attempts at flying tanks in the past so perhaps @Mrclark7 is going to experiment with a flying Leopard :flight_arrival:

@Mead93 Always useful to have

who knows how far I might go. over the rainbow…

5 Likes

Another “riveting” order arrived: Quinta Studio (QRV-026) Double Riveting Rows (rivet size 0.25 mm, gap 1.0 mm, suits 1/24 scale.

I can actually see 'em this time! :mag: :frog:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Just in case you were wondering, here’s a 1/72 vs. 1/24 rivet size comparison.

Quinta Studio QRV-023 rivet size 0.1 mm, gap 0.4 mm, suits 1/72
Quinta Studio QRV-026 rivet size 0.25 mm, gap 1.0 mm, suits 1/24

—mike

5 Likes

Joining @Littorio with the Mirages, this one’s been on my wish list since it’s announcement.

Only had a quick look at the sprues, but it was definitely worth the wait! Lots of ordnance options and looks like you can make an early and late engine Shahak. Will have to get another for the Isradecal sheet I’ve had for years. Those decals were too good to waste on the ancient Airfix kits I’ve been struggling with. Those can definitely go back into the darkest depths of the stash. I’d sell if they were unstarted, but they’re in various stages of build.

Speaking of decals, these also arrived.

The F1 sheet is to replace the SAAF decals in the Airfix F1 that have cracked. La Fayette sheet will be used on Heller’s 2000N and the Desert Storm set I wanted for the A-10 and Puma.

11 Likes

Cherish your wife! 🫶🏼

After building the Savoia from Airfix (1/72) last century and paint it by hand,
now the sparrowhawk comes in 1/48.
I also found a Eduard BigEd set on the way

11 Likes

Got this and boy for $78 delivered on Amazon

Last one I needed to have all of the F-14 through 18 in the stash. Had given up a bit of hope was I wasn’t gonna pay the $105 plus shipping it is often seen for

11 Likes

Like I said in the AFV postman section, I am a weak man as I keep breaking my promises of not purchasing any more kits for a while. Why do these new kits keep coming :face_with_thermometer::joy:

10 Likes

Styrenohilocs Unanimous!

3 Likes

Welcome to the group. :lab_coat::crazy_face:

—mike :helicopter:

2 Likes

you have my sympathies!

3 Likes

Second hand (what else?:wink:) purchase, this beauty.
Still sealed, wonder if the decals are still good.

12 Likes

Read too many reviews of this and eventually had to have it. Never done 1/32 before…this thing’s BIG!

14 Likes

happy modelling!