What the postman brought today (Armorama)

The M1917 and M1917A1 were different vehicles. Only a handful of the 1 foot longer up engined type M1917A1 were built, if I recall correctly. All the Canadian ones were M1917 -see the rear and note the exhaust location.

the rear of the M1917A!:

The M1917 was basically the same length, etc, as the FT but had other features - exhaust on the opposite side, different idler wheel, vison slits, etc. BTW there is no such thing as a FT-17… Is just FT as in Renault FT, the 17 was a misnomer that has been incorrectly repeated over the years.

4 Likes

A book I picked up yesterday about the Battle of the Scheldt. Very extensive with 329 pages of sheer information.

6 Likes

Another opportunity … and how not to take advantage of it? :grin:

8 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the winch version, from Miniart (I always experience lots of fit issues with ICM), and they finally hit US shops this week -

Also, I’ve always failed miserably at painting figures, but I feel my builds are lacking without them. So, I’ve gathered everything I need to make my foray into figure modeling -

I also bought a book that has SBS paint-by-number instructions. This way I can have it out in front of me as I go. I’m really trying to minimize the chances of stuffing this up!

13 Likes

Look nice … do all the gats have ACOGs fitted or are some SUSAT ?

Keep looking at the figure campaign for lots of help on painting figures, while there add one of those to the campaign.

3 Likes

Thanks Ryan, will do, if any of these result in some semblance of looking human I’ll gladly join in.

3 Likes

There are plenty of guys in the campaign that can help make that happen. :+1:

3 Likes

Got some Bulgarian M.36 helmets, designed and 3D printed by Venko @Venko:

What you see at the sticky bottom of the sturdy box are 10 early and 10 late M.36.
And they all look awesome!

Both types side by side:

Highly recommended!

Cheers,
Angel

11 Likes

I’m glad yo like it :slight_smile:
Regards!
Venko

2 Likes

We are friends, right?

I might have a problem. :joy:

ODO contest pick up.

The 3D parts are M67 90mm recoilless rifle parts a buddy made.

and shapeways delivery.

Meng F350 truck bed, couple Toyota tailgates, M26 sprocket, M47 breech and G7113 semi parts.

6 Likes

Man, you spent all your ice cream money!

4 Likes

Like going Vegas, I only took a certain amount that I can lose. Unfortunately the two Internet orders I did when I got home didn’t help. Two items where cause of a “free” raffle item. The rest are mostly UA/Russian company kits one might not see again for awhile. :cry:

1 Like

I get you; I just ordered a bunch of Miniart and Zvezda stuff.

1 Like

Today’s contribution to MiniArt.
I hope they are well and keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention this. So no doubt about it now being an AUSCAM paint job.

6 Likes

You’re a brave man! Good luck.

My bit of shopping for the centurion that I’m half way through.

6 Likes

There is a mix of sights, early with SUSAT, then mid with ACOG and then late with LDS (ELCAN) sights. All of the L22 have SUSAT as do the Minimi’s. The L119’s have a mix of sights.

1 Like

And yes, im doing it for the cause.

12 Likes