What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Since I don’t drink I had to Google that. Didn’t realize there was a drink called a French 75. :slight_smile:

I have only looked at the sprues through the bag but the parts look crisp and free from flash. I didnt see any sink holes that would need to be filled.

I am not liking the prospect of the tracks. They are tiny with individual pins. They way the pins are setup on the sprues do not present an easy way to get them into the tracks. Right now looks like you would have to clip off each pin individually before you insert them.

Also a first world problem but they have included a turned metal barrel in the kit but it has the barrel counterweight attached. The kit has options for 2 separate counterweights. I would like to have seen a barrel without a counterweight that you then glue the plastic end piece too (if that makes sense).

All in all though, this looks like a great little kit and I look forward to building it (which looking at my list of campaigns this year will likely mean it gets built in like 2024 :smiley: )

2 Likes

I would love to have my packages (or at least mail come).Over the weekend I had some vandals that destroyed all of the mail boxes in front of my place.

My latest acquisition. Two IDF kits and the M60A2 Starship :slight_smile: Academy kits may not be the most detailed or accurate out there BUT they build up well enough, usually have a lower part count, and also offer PE unlike most Tamiya Kits

7 Likes

Nice haul!
Im working on the Merkava Mk. IV LIC currently and it is a pretty nice kit!

1 Like

The Merk IV LIC is a nice kit but…Do not attach the ball and chain till the very end. It will invariable get knocked off or bent. The parts are PE and the attachment points to the edge of the turret are not very good. I ended up attaching a thin strip of evergreen then gluing the PE to the strip.

2 Likes

I have this kit in the stash as well and you are not the first I’ve seen to recommend the thin strip of evergreen. Definitely taking note of that tip :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

got a little too excited to open it though…that and #2 blades HATE me for some odd reason…

5 Likes

Please tell us there’s still a whole thumb under that bandage?

3 Likes

Or what was left after the last #2 misadventure by the sounds of it!

1 Like

Recently chalked up 15 years in my current employment. Got a little cash bonus as a result and decided to spend some of it on this:

The Merit kit reboxed by the Trumpeter subsidiary I :heart: Kit

I have visions of something like this:

or this - I have Bronco’s Bishop

I may even have to do the latter for the Build a Photo campaign… if the time limit is long enough!

9 Likes

I will extend the dates lol !!!

1 Like

This arrived today, updated RFM Tiger Initial for Noth Africa. I have two very nice Alpine crew figures for this beast.

Cheers!

9 Likes

May hold you to that John…

1 Like

I’ve had my eye on that kit since it came out!

1 Like

thats a good resin kit,i built that for my vietnam era M-54 wrecker,but first used it on a italeri bigfoot kit,its the same wrecker body,just different chassis

Ouch… I think we all have been down that sharp road…

I think Chris leaned to hard on the “recovery” part. :joy:

Too soon?

1 Like

This arrived today, looks like a decent kit with a surprising amount of options

5 Likes