What the postman brought today (Armorama)

LOL… You’d better… :yum:
I have a kit where they even “translated” the (Arabic!) numbers wrong!

1 Like

A package from Formations arrived from Canada today!
This is for my Grizzly Firefly and Sherman Calliope.

So expect a update on that blog soon!

9 Likes

My 1970’s Canadian Sherman decals from Autoloader just came in!
Kudos to @DennisatAutoloader Dennis. They look really cleanly printed and will look spectacular on my M4a2.

Like I’ve said before 100% recommended.

5 Likes

Are you going to model your kit with the side skirts on? I know the Tamiya kit doesn’t have them included.

Nope, the one I’m building has them removed.

2 Likes

Ordered Model Victoria’s, 1/35 FIAT 626, all resin. Website says it will be here in a week.

35th scale Model Victoria  FIAT 626

Anybody wanna place bets that IBG will come out with this in plastic, since I ordered it today?? :wink:

5 Likes

Stimulus check — SPENT!

Covid reminds me that life is short so I guess these were on my bucket list, though I never thought about it that way. Spent the entire last check and then a bit more too but I am happy. Amazingly 4 of these books were still listed as ‘new’ which surprised me. (Or as ‘new’ as 20/30 or even 40 year old books can be I guess!)

5 Likes

@TankManNick NICE HAUL!

I trully envy you Jack!

The Nafta Militare Seicentoventisei was fielded by my country’s Armed Forces during WWII and this kit is on my wishlist for more than 2 years now(still haven’t swallowed the 100+ Euro total of price and shipping though).

I’ll follow closely your build when it starts!

Cheers,
Angel

Before you glue in the roof → ask Google about images.
Start by comparing the box-art with the roof in the kit.
The kit roof is flat but the box-art (based on a period photo) shows the turret sitting on a ring.
The roof part also stands above the sides which it should not. The height of the armored visor is probably correct but if it is suspended from the half hinges molded on the roof there will be a gap at the bottom. The rear curved parts of the cabin sides extend upwards to cover the turret ring. The rear curved parts are also separate plates so there needs to be a plate joint between the two vertical rows of rivets at the front edge of the curved part.

I had to pry off the roof from mine to do some retroactive plastic surgery …

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for the tips Robin

Aberdeen Books order has arrived. As you can see, a lot of Tankograd (all Bundeswehr titles this time) and one Trackpad.

4 Likes

And…yet another from Osprey to review.

2 Likes

Does the book contain the cocktail recipes, too? :laughing:

1 Like

My question exactly!

1 Like

Received the Border Model Crusader III today. I am quite happy with it. There should have been the new Border Model Tiger I in the package but it appears to have gone AWOL sigh. The retailer has been emailed.

5 Likes

Not pictures, but at least telling you what I got! Thursday, from SprueBrothers, 3 Meng models, the Merkava 3D Early (a repeat of this model for me…since I messed up the hull of the first one I had), the IDF Magach 6B Gal (and one of the associated Desert Eagle books on this tank), and the German Leopard 2A7 tank, and an airplane model, the Eduard 1/48 limited edition Spitfire ‘Tally Ho!’ dual airplane kit. Today, stuff from the 48ers, all airplane stuff, a 1/48 F-15 exhaust, and the following for the Tamiya F-14D kit: Quinta Studios cockpit, and Eduard P-E engine set, an Aries weighted wheel set, and Fightertown decals. This was a big week for me!!!

How about your thoughts on the Crusader kit. I have the Italeri kit and was thinking of an upgrade…maybe.

The Gal in blue brought my BDay gifts yesterday…she’s so nice :blush:

:v:t3:

4 Likes