What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Shrinkage? :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah mine arrived a couple of weeks ago and it is progressing slowly. It is an absolute beast of a thing, the chassis and suspension sub-assemblies are hugely time consuming because it is such a huge model.

It has taken me twenty hours just to get the chassis together and fit the drive shafts to the drive units and axles.

I am loving it but i naively thought it would just be like their Smerch or S400 build just twice the size, when it is actually a fair bit more complicated and difficult. Molding is superb though, I am a Trumpeter nut anyway but this is them at their mind-boggling finest. Love it.

3 Likes

Telford’s buys and one for granddaughters school project on WW2, let’s see how that goes.

11 Likes

£25 quid for a 1/48 Matilda?

Blimey, they saw you coming right through the door… (joke).

But, confused by the box. says Mk III/IV and then British Infantry Tank Mk IIA?

Not a ww2 geak, it is a MK2 Matilda, from what I remember, but I think it’s the engines that make 3/4 sub version. and small other improvements.
Yes pricey but the only one found, did want a 1/35.

Think of the mark III/IV as Ausf. C/D it’s the third/fourth version of the infantry tank Mk II which is the Matilda

1 Like

Just came back from a hard day (actually week) at work and found a package on my stairs containing this…

I like it when weekend starts this way. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Birthday present from my modeling buddies:

My plan is to use it for a conversion:

Cheers,
Angel

11 Likes

Well, it’s kind of the exact opposite of @Uncle-Heavy and his ICBM, but I rescued it. Another orphan no one seemed to want. Well under half price with shipping. And it doesn’t take up a lot of room:

12 Likes

That’s a cool looking little APC

1 Like

Been looking for a reasonably priced Sd.Kfz 234/2 from Dragon for years. Finally managed to snag one off the evil bay for a good price so I am thrilled to bits.

I also was not looking for another T-55 variant but found this fella on clearance sale and just couldnt resist. Its the full interior kit but cost substantially less than the interior-less version. And who doesn’t love a captured T-55 :slight_smile:

And no, wont be building the interior. That way lies madness with a minart kit!

12 Likes

Just got these two babies in the mail for a double commission build I’ll be doing, my first Asuka kits.

12 Likes

You’ll love them! Fantastic fireflies!

2 Likes

Happened by the hobby store today, not a normal occurrence as it’s about 45 mins - 1 hr from the house and this little guy followed me home.

12 Likes

Oh go on… join us down the rabbit hole:

11 Likes

Well, not via the postman, but what I picked up during a sojourn in Malta a couple of weeks ago; amidst a hectic round of battlefield/bottlefield touring, and no small social carnage, I managed to acquire this little booklet, which may be of interest to the WW2 AFV fraternity:

To understand the rationale of the camouflage, here is a chunk of Maltese wall(!):

And a scale model of the walled city of Mdina undergoing scrutiny by yours truly:

I realise that this pic is nothing to do with AFV modelling (more to do with 15 century fortifications) but well, it was a great break!

9 Likes

Went at least 10+ years ago, I enjoyed the trip, wife wasn’t happy with old stuff and war, no greenery (late summer) and forts, she did enjoy the little stalls on an old airfield,
while I was at the aircraft museum, missed the 1800 fort rinella as closed once a week ,
Did one day diving, in the clear waters recommended,
the food was good in the hotel and out,
local rabbit was nice and mild, compared to other places ,I have eaten them.

It was what the Senjor Service and the Marines call a “Good run ashore” that’s for sure(!)

I’ve just realised that the first pic didn’t come out that well - the missing part of the book’s title was, I’m sure you’ve all worked it out “Malta Tanks”- mea culpa.

2 Likes

Good to hear you’ve a great time down there, Brian :+1: My last trip to Malta was in 1997 … :astonished: Need to go there again. Had it already on my mind, but bloody Covid came to change all plans … :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Well, highly recommended - not just for the military history - but the social too. Outdoor restaurants, cold beers and a seemingly endless parade of beautiful women (which always makes one’s beer taste just that little bit better); what’s not to like?

4 Likes