What the postman brought today (Armorama)

5 Likes

Um, Wade, what the hell IS that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Looks like the beginnings of a spray booth.

Ssssssssssh … its a secret :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

That’s not funny John. Really what is that? :angry:

1 Like

@SSGToms Matt, John is right… it’s a spray booth from Pace out of the shipping box but not unpacked :slight_smile:

Weather dictating if I could paint or not was getting to be an issue.

2 Likes

Oh! Nice acquisition Wade! Looks very sweet. From Pace. Good brand. That looks just the right size and I’ll bet it’s going to be a joy to use.

Thank you Matt, I hope it will. I’ve got to get some of these built but not painted models wrapped up and on the shelf.

After it was mentioned by @varanusk I checked out the AK Interactive site and today there was a box in the mail.
One of the ‘drawbacks’ of getting back in the hobby, have to rebuild my stash and supplies :grimacing:

3 Likes

This arrived today. Very happy with how it looks … Not looking forward to the track assembly though … Will be doing it as a BATUS OPFOR wagon.

And most definitely not Berlin Cam lol.

8 Likes

Any initial impressions. This is on my want list.

1 Like

DV, on initial inspection I would say get it …
The mouldings look nice and crisp and well detailed, enough that in my opinion it does not need photo etch.There are some sink holes and some casting/pour stubs but they all seem to be in hidden /inside areas so shouldnt cause any issues. It comes with PE engine deck grills and a few other bits which will be fine to add. Lots of clear bits for the vision blocks and lenses. It has indi track links, but you get a jig with it, and by what others have said, its a pretty painless procedure.
Hull comes in 5 parts - floor- x2 sides and rear and upper hull. Hull sides look nice enough to leave off the side skirts which I may well do as Im going to it as an OPFOR BATUS C/S. Turret is also 5 parts, not totally sure why but hey ho … just have to be careful setting it up prior to securing. You get 4 colour scheme options and the decals to match. Destruction sheet looks nice and easy to follow, there is also a correction slip in there for some misidentified parts during assembly.

1 Like

Thanks for the in box review. I’ve done a few RFM kits before so this one sound no different. Well, finish up your other projects and get cracking on this one. :grin:

lol … you mean the 1/72 group build, the Striker, the M1A1 mine plow, then the Stillbrew Chieftain, then the Star Wars Alt Cam build, then the M1A2 SEP v2 (RFM) and finish off a miniart dio base lol …then the Chally 2… now where does all the time go haha

1 Like

Nice one John.

The tracks are actually worth the hassle as they look great built up. The only real issue I had was the hull alignment, which I managed to get a slight twist in, which meant I had to realign and glue the wheel mounts to make it sit flat. Shouldn’t be an issue with a bit more care than I took in the first place! Also the turret ring tabs need some trimming to allow it to fit.

Interesting there is a correction sheet, mine was a lucky dip job!

Enjoy!

1 Like

So then what’s the big deal with just 1 more? :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

I have a buddy that has started the TES version and what a sweet build!

Yeah I was thinking of that one as well, but I will wait for price to drop or see if I can get it on an auction… I have the PE slatted armour already.

I actually got all this in person.

Weathering set for green vehicles and knife set were gotten at hobby lobby. (Weathering set was missing a paint so I got it for $10 off. :grin:)

Not exactly modeling related but I got a Callaway hat, Callaway X Tech glove and a bag of Max Fli 3 1/4" tees.
(I like to tee my driver shots pretty high. :golfing_man: )

4 Likes

Some additions to my stash:

• MiniArt’s Vomag’s April 1943 production Panzer IV Ausf.H- the first of a trio I’ll build as Bulgarian Maybachs.This kit will be built as Fgst.84907,reg.№ В 60250:
  • a new Excel K1 knife, the one I have shows some wear
  • and some Dragon parts from @k_mero4 spares for the Tamiya’s StuG III, I acquired recently(incl. a Saukopfblende, not shown here).

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes