What the postman brought today (Armorama)

And will those on the machine participate in the project? :innocent:
Maybe I can join such a machine in a group building in Bulgarian Pz.Kpfw.IV. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Good choice.
I just didn’t understand what the other two machines were.

1 Like

Very nice Angel!
Glad to see a Bulgarian vehicle, maybe I will build one too :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!

1 Like

From Plastic Model Store - :ukraine: Ukraine

Sector35 assemblied metal tracks links arrived! Quality is excellent. Additional links are provided to finish the track run with wire.

I’m delighted with the Sector35 products. Each set will save five to ten hours of build time vs using Friulmodellismo products.

The last two new sets of Friulmodellismo tracks I used were just nasty, low quality dross. Nearly every Fruil link had to be deburred and every hole redrilled or reamed out.

Overall, the cost of each set of assembled Sector35 tracks was slightly less than ordering an equivalent set direct from Friulmodellismo. Of course the Fruil’s then require clean up and assembly.

To offset the cost of quicker shipping, ordered several sets.

5 Likes

Agree…Sector 35 has superior details compared to Friul (to this point). I have several 35 sets in stock as well. Bigger bang for the buck as it were. First, the detailed tracks. Second, come assembled (big expense on 35’s part, but welcomed). Third, reasonable postage. IMHO, they are way ahead of the metal track game. It would be wise of Friul to modify their business model…other companies have earned my business due to lack of detail on YOUR product. Other metal track makers, R Model, and Xan Sin (with metal pins), have found their product in my stash as well. Friul…you got some catchin’ up to do!

1 Like

Surprisingly I have never heard of these. Where do you get them and what is the average cost of a set?

2 Likes

@Armorsmith DV, the sets are between $37 to $40 for a set of assembled tracks depending. Unassembled sets about $33.

This is where I ordered from:

Plastic Model Shop - Ukraine: Sector 35 metal tracks

Thanks. Quite reasonable.

A few recent acquisitions for my collection/half track book.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Straight from the Bovington Tank Museum… Arrived in a very timely manner…figured Sprue Bros shouldn’t have all my mail order business. I like what Bovington does so decided to be supportive.

8 Likes

Nice kit! How is their shipping? I have followed them for a while and I too like what they do. May be time to support them

I like the Tank Chats & Museum etc so definitely wanted to send some cheese :cheese: their way :slight_smile:

Shipping was about $17.50 US, for three kits. Took about eight days which seem pretty fast. Some of the US companies I’ve ordered from took longer than that. Box was wrapped in plastic to ensure no water damage. All items received in good condition.

It’s probably possible to find kits for little less etc. However, Bovington The Tank Museum gift shop was the only place I found with Meng Panther D & Tamiya GMC truck in stock.

Kits weren’t shrink wrapped of course as that’s uncommon in the UK/Europe from what I understand.

1 Like

Yeah, I never understood the whole shrink-wrap thing - you’d think it would be all or none, as they come from the same factories…

That’s not bad at all shipping for three kits. I’ll have to give them a try!

As far as I am aware, the shrink wrapping is not generally done by the manufacturers; it is done by the importers / wholesalers. Which is why kits of the same brand are sometimes shrinkwrapped, sometimes not - depends who imports/distributes them.

Got these through the post today from @Michael_Shackleton at SMM models.

The Gulf War stowage set which looks great, lovely detailing on the bits. Sadly detailing doesn’t show very well but that’s due to my phone and the lighting. Detail is very nice throughout. No damage but one of the L85 barrels is a bit bent so will have to carefully try and straighten that (is hot water the best way? )

And also this which I am very happy with.

Beautiful little tow ropes. Superb detailing.

These and a fair few bits will be going on the my Striker build.

Thanks Michael for digging deep and finding those tow ropes :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Glad you like them. Yes, hot tap water - not from the kettle! - will straighten out your barrel.

1 Like

The tow ropes are actually made by Thachweave in Canada. If Micheal runs out of stock, you can order direct from Thachweave as they make their products to order. Doesn’t include the shackles of course!

1 Like

Yeah I did know that and looked on the site but it says you have to order from SMM…anyhows…they are very good

Just arrived from Hobby Link Japan!
DSC00002

7 Likes