What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Just found them at Sprue Brothers

https://spruebrothers.com/paint/paint-enamel-lacquer/white-ensign-model-colourcoats/?mode=1

1 Like

BTW - Sovereign has paint mixed & matched to their standards. I think Sovereign’s research looks pretty solid- just an opinion etc. I’ve read Sovereign will and has reformulated if better research comes to light.

2 Likes

I had this title arrive today from Osprey Publishing for me to review.

Panzer Reconnaissance

8 Likes

I concern myself with how well the paint works, cost and availability. I rarely use a paint straight out of the bottle without mixing it into some color variant. What the maker puts in the bottle/tin is usually a starting point for me.

2 Likes

Panzer Recon! I just got Motivated.
Did you get it off Amazon?

1 Like

LOL! Just sharing some of what I think makes Sovereign an interesting product. It’s a very Naptha (cigarette lighter fluid) thinner friendly paint which I like etc.

As for my philosophy on actually using paint, please see old-school-shadow-painting-finishing-primer

8 Likes

Great tutorial!!!

I miss Floquil! I still have a couple of big tins of Dio Sol

The worse it smells the better it sticks.

2 Likes

Holy crap! I just looked up the Iwata Micron.

2 Likes

The Iwata Micron doesn’t disappoint. It’s one of those outstanding products from the Land of the Rising Sun…

…wish my AB skills were better to take full advantage etc.

4 Likes

Miya Jima’s Torii Gate… I have fond memories…

2 Likes

This is one book of a series made like this, they are all good, specialy two about the german panzer divisions

1 Like

It was sent to me directly from Osprey Publishing.

3 Likes

It looks to be a very nice book with a lot of photographs. I have another title from Thomas Anderson titled “The History of the Panzerwaffe Volume 1: 1939-42” and it is a very nice book.

6 Likes

That’s right, there are books from other writers, the design is close to this. The book about “Panther” tanks is really good

Nothing overly exciting… But it’s the first time I’ve bought anything like this so decided to get a few sets.

MENG set B large nuts and bolt set.

Also have the small set on the way as well …thought is was a good deal, Rach set was just under 4 pounds.

14 Likes

Good buy, I use them all the time :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

You know what they say, if you’re going to get a set of nuts you should always go large…

11 Likes

The Ho Chi’s Butt Plug topic revived my interest for the Vietnam war. This was brought by the online postman:

Read some chapters, quite chilling to be honest.

7 Likes

Those nuts and bolt sets from Meng are a good buy. One of those purchases that add really subtle detail to you builds whether dioramas and scratch building or up detailing a kit.

3 Likes

Yes, the Meng sets are great. John, i find the best way for me to remove them, is to slice them off with a single edge razor blade. Don’t try and get them off in one swipe. Several slices will make sure that you do not curl them or cut them off at an angle.

6 Likes