What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Hobby Link shipment from Wanamaker.

8 Likes

weakness captured on film…

8 Likes

That’s a cool trailer

1 Like

Successful hunt for Elefant reference materials had unintended consequences…found bonus materials.

…and…

After Valley of Tears, I wanted a 1973 Yom Kipper War era IDF Centurion.

…Amusing Hobby to the rescue…

…which led to finding a newer kit of my favorite IDF tank of all, the Centurion with ERA…

…which led to wanting a modern kit for a British Centurion…

…speaking of unintended consequences…my financial comptroller pulled my credit line…

…he said my kit purchase to kit completed ratio was too high and he would veto any additional kit purchases for one year…

:wink:

14 Likes

Psst……give him some catnip before the next purchase and delivery….cough cough. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

just make sure to not get any catnip on the boxes,
could lead to cat taking a much undesired interest in the boxes …

4 Likes

Ryan, that’s a plan!

Shake the catnip can and he’ll come running into the house from outside.

Total crack head for catnip!

4 Likes

A very wise haul Wade, those are excellent books and I give Amusing Hobby kits a 10/10 for engineering and buildability. Great investments. As far as your comptroller goes, put him in the car and drive very slowly past the nearest Chinese restaurant - he’ll keep silent for a long while…

6 Likes

Fabulous idea Matt!

4 Likes

Saw an ad for this and couldn’t resist especially with a discount. It has a foreword by a familiar name.

11 Likes

The latest drop.

14 Likes

The box art on the G13 is fantastic, hope the build is on par with it…:+1:

2 Likes

Got a couple of new things today. Nice to see figures in t shirts and relaxed poses. And another Gun Truck reference. Wayne

11 Likes

A small parcel arrived with tools and chemistry (for testing).

I found cows from South Korea only in England (where I bought all this). They are for a large and long-conceived project. The main thing is to live until it is realized!

12 Likes

Weekend collection from Telford show.
And some from competition I liked the look of.

20 Likes

So gutted I missed this … those AA CVRTs look nice and the Cr1 tracks …

2 Likes

A big thankyou to Michael over at Scorpion Miniature Models for the extremely fast delivery of a set of Ferret wheels and a pair of Clansman antenna bases and antenna"s. The casting as ever looks flawless on both. Saw the wheels advertised on here last Wednesday and thought I’d best get them as I imagine they would sell out fast.

7 Likes

Well, these arrived today as I have in mind a small BRIXMIS dio, whereby I wish to depict a couple of AGS-17 grenade launchers on the ranges in East Germany:

Inspired by this pic from the excellent book on BRIXMIS “The Last Mission” by Steve Gibson:

I’m sure I can tweak the uniforms into the Sov camouflaged coveralls easily enough - even I can manage to Milliput those; a couple of Hornet Heads, some scratched personal equipment, and away we go.

When? Not anytime soon that’s for sure. Sadly, I’m still a dining-table-top modeller, and my workspace is no more:

In fairness, my Zero Alpha (Second-in-Command in Brit radio parlance) has put up with my mess everywhere for too long and with the festive season nigh, it probably was time for her to regain the battlespace. Sigh.

11 Likes

The AA kits were a bargain from AMS, £40 each. Tracks were £90 for all of them.

1 Like

Why did you tell me that … Now I feel sick … :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes