What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Nothing exiting to see, but today I restocked on jars of Tamiya Paint and a large bottle of Lacquer thinners… been waiting since December for the LHS to get it in stock and there was a rush on them when word got out. Unfortunately some colours did not arrive, nor did the extra thin cement. Being generous, I left some in the store for other modellers that may follow me - I hope I was not too generous and I run out again…

Did you get some airbrush cleaner to use instead of the Tamiya glue?

Trying to be good and not get too many more plastic models. Being nice for the wife and all, never said anything about supplies and other bits (like resin figures). :joy:

8 Likes

No, that was another item that was not restocked.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully not too much longer.

Solvent for styrene:
Look for acetone free nail polish remover and check the contents declaration.
If it contains a significant percentage of ethyl acetate then you are in business.

For the heavy addicts the ethyl acetate is sometimes sold by well stocked paint shops since it can be used as a lacquer thinner for cellulose lacquers.
Toluene/Toluol and Xylene/Xylol can also be used but the ethyl acetate is less unfriendly.

https://nz.element14.com/mg-chemicals/9620-945ml/chem-cleaning-adhesive-remover/dp/3255894

https://www.nzchemicalsuppliers.co.nz/list/search?search=ethyl+acetate

Buy 5 litres and split it with other model builders. Can be stored in liquor bottles but test the seals in the caps first, ethyl acetate “eats” some cap seals for breakfast …
Old Tamiya extra thin bottles ought to work …

2 Likes

Osprey Publishing sent me these to review for them.

3 Likes

Post can’t be empty

4 Likes

Bargain Ken. It looks like a nice kit. I have it in the stash too and have taken it out to do a few times, I just never took the plunge (yes a pun!)

On a WW2 allied/sherman binge since that’s my modelling interest. I got Asuka’s British Sherman III and Academy’s M4a3 Calliope. I also managed to pick up Dragon’s M4 composite PTO sherman (still on the way, I plan to make “the Shag” from the Australian trials in New Guinea 1945. There was an m4 and m4 composite as well as several churchills and Star decals made a set for this, again on the way) and have already requested the high bustle turret ring afer reading some reviews.

Also i got Resicast’s M4A4 wading lower section I plan to use on the RFM sherman firefly. Star decals provide the option for a tank with the lower wading trunk and I think this will be built for the diorama I am currently working on. Also a few PE .30cals and some wire for handles etc.

8 Likes

This all popped in today.

The Tamiya 1/35 M151a2 with TOW, Trumpy LAV-3 TUA and a costal kits Canadian flag base.

All of these kits are for you guessed it… The Great Canadian Campaign!

7 Likes

Don’t forget the new Def set for the Jeep.

1 Like

Today my Autoloader decals for my TUA, a issue of IPMS journal and Vallejo ground texture popped it.

7 Likes

Picked up a LARC in 1/35.

Whoa, how did that Wacky Races get in there?
Wrong forum, wrong forum!

7 Likes

8 Likes

The Postman brought this one today! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sad thing is I knew his name on sight. Muttley!

3 Likes

Even Sadder… I remember the names of all the characters AND the names of their cars…

The picture of the children sure does add a ‘date stamp’ to the era.

I worked with a guy. His name was Bob, but we called him ‘Pat’, because he looked like Professor Pat Pending… :rofl:

3 Likes

Indeed, Dick Dastardly and Muttley in the Mean Machine #00

1 Like

Probably for conversion to a “Sehrschnellspahwagen”, although I think the wire jumpers/splitters are a tad over scale. I mean, it’s not like such vehicles have never been seen in columns of route…

Cheers,

M

5 Likes