What the postman brought today (Armorama)

After this Hasegawa kit was released in March, I ordered it right away from Japan. Via slow boat, it finally arrived after 3 months of waiting:

1/35 Terrain Crane Vehicle by Hasegawa has a discussion thread.

I also gave in and purchased the Vallejo plastic putty after seeing some folks praising it. :slight_smile:

Some @hole pissed me off earlier today but quite happy now. :smiley:

6 Likes

The world is full of them.
Ignore and move on, they are not worth getting angry and wasting mental energy.

6 Likes

That’s the exact one my grandmother gave me for xmas in about 1977. I was very happy with it, and still have it. Having previously only built small Airfix tanks, I was impressed with the articulated suspension arms, which allow it to be positioned riding over uneven ground. Also some of the best vinyl tracks that actually stay on while you push it along!

5 Likes

:no_mouth:
So that’s why there are vinyl tracks …
:scream:

:grin: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I absolutely love that stuff. Can’t remember the last time I used epoxy putty for anything. Its amazing stuff.

2 Likes

Nothing special today, just another BTR-50 PK. Just checking the possibilities to build a BTR-50 PU.

6 Likes

Some woodland beasties arrived today courtesy of Red Zebra…

You get 2 foxes, 4 squirrels and 7 rabbits…a nice touch is Paul also adds 3 spare rabbit ears in case any break… I thought was cool.

They are also very well detailed… Scaled for 1/35, but will work in 1/48.

The site is well worth a look as he has some very nice stuff.

10 Likes

Johnny are Rabbit years different to dog or human years? :grinning:

Any way a parcel arrived from China which had a expected arrival date in August, so pleased it arrived now!

And these came from a closer vendor.

12 Likes

Nice spot !! Bloody auto correct.

I never realised you can get so much in 1/72 …some cracking kits there.

2 Likes

You can, but you need to look around which is where Scalemates is your friend but not your wallets!

Most entries have a link to the manufacture so then it’s a case of finding a stockist or ordering direct. I have a order for some Armada Hobby items which include the Commando Scout and a M920 8x8 armoured tractor unit with a M127 A2C van trailer. Once I see what these are like they do have several Saxon and Humber pig options including the flying ones!
Also good to check out 3D printers on Etsy but worth checking there quality first I’ve been bitten in the past with some “high res” subjects which when they arrive a gallon of putty wouldn’t cover the layer lines.

4 Likes

I had this title arrive today from Osprey Publishing for me to read and review for them.

Germany’s French Allies 1941–45

5 Likes

Miniart T-54-3 at a discount price. 44 Euro incl. shipping

A really filled-to-the-brim box.

9 Likes

That’s a mound of styrene!

4 Likes

and yet it does not include parts for the interior.
Their ‘Interior’ kits are jam packed.
When lifting the lid it looks as if there is one solid block styrene inside.

37028 SLA APC T-54 with dozer blade.
The turret bottom is still inside there, I presume some other parts from that sprue were needed.
The box is a bit deeper to make room for all the parts

6 Likes

I’m guessing all those sprues at the bottom of the photograph are track links? I suspect they put a LOT of sprue material on those things.

1 Like

The bigger ones are tracks, the smaller are road wheels.

Virtual tour of the kit:

4 Likes

Trumpeter only has this version… well they could milk this kit for several versions.

1 Like

Went to my LHS and for some paint and got this…

10 Likes

As long as any obscure What-if sells, I don´t see a chance.

1 Like

the Ausf. L wasn’t a What If, there were 100 units built

4 Likes