What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Shipped via air from Hobby Link Japan.
cover
cover

Also some books from Amazon.

4 Likes

That would definitely be an unwanted 6th crew member.

Panther & Dinosaur :sauropod:due to age of kit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think technically there is a dinosaur is in the box, as the dinosaur made the oil and oil makes the plastic. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This arrived today for my Churchill’s in my stash. After a quick inspection I can definitely say it is a worthwhile investment!!

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this kit for 20 years and today it arrived! The new IBG Polish 7TP. I’ve had the old Spojnia kit in the stash for 20 years, with the Aber photo etch, and was going to graft a Trumpeter T-26 hull onto it to make things buildable, but I still haven’t gotten to it even though this is a tank I want to build very badly. The Spojnia kit is that bad. My wife is Polish and her family speaks Polish, so I have an affinity for Polish vehicles and have tackled several RPM tankettes. I have to speak very highly of Polish wives. Anyway, to the new kit - it’s beautiful! It comes with a full interior, exquisite slide molded turret, and a big sheet of photo etch. Link and length tracks. The molding is exceptional. I have built an IBG kit and the fit throughout was perfect. I’m looking forward to building this, finally!

6 Likes

Currying favour with the missus with tanks! I look forward to seeing this one get built up, the kit looks very nice :grin:

Nice to see there are some rivets molded on the turret, Matt!

I’ve built the Mirage Hobby(ex-Spojnia) Vickers E Mk.B and still recall the myriads of rivets I punched and glued back then:

Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

That new tankette from IBG looks like a fun build . How complete is the interior?

I’ve got that IBG TKS tankette. The interior is completely complete! Really nice engine, too.

@SSGToms . Post pics or it didnt happen …lol.
Seriously Id really like to see some sprue shots .

Care package delivery today. Some Archer decals to replace nearly depleted sets and one I have been looking for. Also some Echelon Aussie Matilda decals and a resin upgrade set for my planned build. Firestorm also had some RB Model barrels I have been looking for. RB is rumoured to have stopped production, but don’t quote me on that:

It seems one item from my order was AWOL though - FC Model trend British aerial bases. I’ll need to chase that up .

2 Likes

Nice haul, Peter!

AFAIK - RB are working mainly for Aber now…

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

@petbat if you got them from Firestorm they have apparently been ordered. I am awaiting a set as well as some 1/35 Besa machine guns for afv’s and some other goodies from Fc Model.

1 Like

These 3 have arrived this morning!! How appropriate, I plan to use the 95mm for my current diorama. Perfect timing.

3 Likes

@Nickpal01 . I am really interested to see your thoughts on that book.
I just picked up the same avre . have recently developed a love for the Churchill

1 Like

@Chris_Bryan it is a very detailed and well set out book. Most pages have at least one clear picture on them and covers everything from initial trials to the retirement of the Churchill tank. However it doesn’t have much on the “funnies” such as the avre, but the main difference was only the gun and breech. It does have a few photos of the 95mm Churchill though. I picked up from Amazon for $68AUD and took 8 days to get to my door from the U.S.

The other churchill book I recieved the other day is pretty much a reprint of the service manual from 1944 and is very in depth, from stripping the machine guns to lubrication schedules. It is very detailed, but once again does not include the avre or funnies, but does include the 95mm. I picked it up second hand for $25 AUD from an online book store.

I strongly recommend both books!

I am the same as I was never interested in the Churchill tank until recently, but am now hooked on all the variants. I only build WW2 Allied armour and am mainly going to build the Churchill variants and Sherman variants.

@Nickpal01 .I have mostly done cold war and soviet . Recently I have really begun to love the allied stuff from the second war .
I have the Haynes manual for the Churchill inbound . ill let you know how it is . Do you have any reference showing the difference between the guntank and the avre interiors.
Also what was the name of the second book

1 Like

@Chris_Bryan please do let me know what it is like, I’d be interested to compare the books. The other book is called “Churchill tank-vehicle history and specification”, here i a picture, (sorry to repost it), it is a really good book.

Unfortunately I don’t have any references of the avre turret interior as they aren’t covered in the books I have. I do know the co driver/machine gunner loaded the spigot mortar on the avre from his position hatch as it was cocked from the outside.

Nice haul. That book is excellent, I’m using it for my current build. I really like the afv club Churchill’s

1 Like

@Mead93 do you have a seperate build log on here for the churchill apart from the campaign?