What the postman brought today (Armorama)

I’ve been eyeing those Soviet combat engineers…

Looks to be a good set. More plastic then I am used to from them. 3 mine detectors, 6 rifles/sub machine guns and about 11 helmets for $13 at Sprue Brothers.

2 Likes

Welcome to the dark side :smiling_imp:

1 Like

WOOT! That’s a sweet display case!

Who builds? The goal is to be the first one to fill the closet from top to bottom !

2 Likes

My latest acquisition. Best thing of all - it was free! My fellow club members voted my A9 Tanks (built as part of @ayovtshev Angel’s Bronco Group Build ) as the best model of the club entries for 2020! Thanks, yet again Angel, for starting that build…

5 Likes

The latest additions to the arms stockpile, nothing glamorous but competent ol’ reliables. They’ll be cannabalized to contribute to other projects. Tamiya’s M48 is one of my long time favorites and the M151, well who doesn’t love jeeps. . .

Cajun

7 Likes

I just got a new treat in the mail from TopSmith, so thanks Greg! Its the Meng T90 with dozer blade. I just started assembling the tracks and I must say with Mengs jig the tracks go together like a dream! I will probably really start this build in late January.
Imgur
(In the background you can see my M113 for the Unfinished business 2021 campaign… :wink:)

7 Likes

Peter, your A9 award was well deserved. It is one of the nicest builds I’ve seen on here in the short time since I started posting, and there have been a LOT of really nice builds!

But 1/16? That sounds huge!

1 Like

@phil2015 Thanks for the kind words Phil.

Yes it is a tad bigger than usual, but not as much as you might think. It is still shorter than the 1/35th scale Dana I am working on, although somewhat wider.

At least it doesn’t need anywhere near all the scratchbuilt corrections the Hobby Boss Dana did…

4 Likes

Peter,

Building the splendid A9 goes entirely to your credit!

I’m only happy that my prediction- its Model of the Month Award by your Modelling Club won’t be its last- came true :grin:

Happy New Year, mate, and I’m also wishing you a lot of quality modelling time with your Model of the Year Award!

:beer:

1 Like

Thanks Angel. And happy New Year to you and SWMBO as well. Keep safe and well.

1 Like

Got the UH1 HUEY seats today! Ordered them 23 Nov with an ETA of 2 Jan so they’ve got that down dead on. I had planned on putting them on the ACAV deck but the only pictures I can find to substantiate that is of ARVN vehicles, so guess they’re going in the Huey that’s in the lineup. That’s cool, I’m ready to build something other than tracks for a minute . .

Cajun

7 Likes

Ooo looks interesting! Please do a build log of the Huey! :grin:

1 Like

Got this this morning. Looks really great after a quick look inside. I intend to do a build thread and a quick contents review in a separate thread for this bad boy :grin:

8 Likes

Darn those guys at Sprue Brothers! They had these on their Daily Deals.

6 Likes

Away from the bench for a week caused shopping at Sprue Brothers. First big stash update in a long time:slight_smile:

Border Models
Panzer IV J Last
T-34E spaced armor

Takom
Panzer IIIM - Blitz kit
Chieftain Mark 5/5P

Eduard
Bf-109G10 weekend
Bf-109G10 Erla Profipack

MiniArt
German Machine Gun Set
Village Diorama Base
Su-85

7 Likes

Nice haul.

1 Like

Sweet! I built the SU-85 from mini-art. It’s a nice kit. Careful with the wheels. All I need to do is put the white wash on it for the Operation Snow White campaign then a little weathering and it will be done.

I have finished the assembly on the Takom Chieftain as well. It is a very nice kit. I have it primed and painted and need to mud up the underside before I assemble it and finish it.

1 Like

Two deliveries today, from different places (first experience with ScaleHobbyist was one of them

), both ahead of schedule:

7 Likes