What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Just arrived from Hobby Link Japan!
cover cover

5 Likes

Luciano,
But it wouldn’t be any fun if we always took the easy route and or way out.

Haven’t ordered either kit, but I’m starting to weaken some.

joel

Gary,
I don’t believe I ever saw the Subaru 360 on the road or even knew of it’s existence till right now. Must have been one of those 50+ mph cars with zero acceleration. Now the Ducati Super bike is another story all together. I’m actually thinking about trying my hand at a bike build this year.

joel

I just read through this whole thread and realized I haven’t ordered anything automotive in awhile . Time to change that.

2 Likes

The Subaru 360 kit was the first I’d heard of it. I just thought it looked funky. As for the Ducati, Japanese bikes just don’t excite me. I actually have a Desmosedici sitting in my HLJ Personal Warehouse. I’d also like to get a Bimota Tesi 1D just for the weirdness of it.

Gary, great minds think alike, :slight_smile: or something like that.
I saw the kits of the little Subaru and I’m waiting for the cabriolet version to arrive from Japan.

Immediately, if not sooner! Let us know what you end up with mark.

Cheers, D

1 Like

I’m still surprised that a mini econo-car is drawing this much attention. But then again that statement is coming from a old time sports car kind of guy . Still, I needed to find out more so I googled it.

Seems that the 360 was the 1st car manufactured by Subaru under the Post war Japanese gov’t mandate to get the Japanese people driving cars that they could afford, got great gas milage, and was super simple to maintain. The 360 had a 2 stroke, 2 cylinder air-cooled, rear mounted engine which was introduced in1958. So I guess that you can say it was very close to being what the post war VW was to Germany.

Looking forward to seeing a few of these historical cars being built.

joel

Joel, I saw the box art and thought what a cute and unusual little car, then found there are boxing of it in racing trim and then the little soft top so had to have one.

Now back to normal service :crazy_face:
Couple of Alfa’s, the Protar boxing and the Italeri rebox although it is the slightly different variant. A Lancia LC2 watched a video on YouTube with one of these racing Porsche 962’s at Spa, the info stated that the Lancia was faster but less reliable!
Then we have the Revell boxing of the 911 GT1, according to Scalemates this is not a rebox of the Tamiya kit but opening the box it sure looks like it, any way looks like I need another AM decal set as what is in the box are STICKERS :rage: anyway seen a Coke Cola scheme so that will be purchased.

3 Likes

Brand: Revell
Title: Porsche 911 GT1 Revell Advantage Serie
Number: 07217
Scale: 1:24
Type: Full kit
Released: 1999 Initial release - new tool
Packaging: Folding box (Side opener)
Topic: [Porsche 911 GT1]

As you can see the kit was 1st released in those markings back in 1999. The last release was the Black Texaco History Channel car which was the 911 GT1 EVO model.

As for the Italeri Lancia LC2 which is the old and not very accurate Protar kit.  One of the guys on my other list just built it, a few part issues, thick plastic, but the decals were horrendous and just fell apart or cracked during application. those that made it that far were generally under sized. He looked for AM decals but couldn't find any.  I'm still holding out for either Hasegawa or Fujimi to do a curbside of the CL2. 

joel

No kits this time just a quality magazine, although some of the subjects are not relevant to AutoModeller.

1 Like

Littorio, I have the same magazine on my to buy list. Even though there might be armor builds as well, there are techniques we can use on automobiles, weathering, chipping oil, grease etc. etc.

These came in the mail:-

![IMG_3610_edited-1|4
It was time for a new blade! :laughing:

1 Like

Paint for my Jag:-

:v:

My favorite tool to use.

1 Like

Richard,
Excellent paint by Gravity, and those blades look like they mean business for sure.

joel

1 Like

Love Gravity colors, they spray nice and smooth.

Richard, did you get the Gravity color facemask? I got one; very much doubt it is Covid-19 approved :slightly_smiling_face:

Not automotive directly… but will be auto related!

2 Likes

Great to see you back on the Auto pages Matt, very interesting bunch of goodies there!

I’m curious to see what you have in store for them.

Cheers, D

These are for a future build project. Yes Joel I’m doing the entire engine bay so don’t have a nervous breakdown HA HA.

DSC01256 (Small)

DSC01258 (Small)

HUGE thanks to Matija & Andrej for sending an early sample of their work. They’re a new start up company and really cool engineering students who love the hobby and motor sport. They’re also big supporters of KitMaker Network. Please visit their website at https://mamodelworks.com/ and see if there’s something that would suit your fancy.

I bought the Lotus S7 because it looked like a good match. What do you guys think though?

3 Likes