What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

Well checked and we don’t have this type of thread running on Modelgeek like they do on all the other parts of Kitmaker so I thought I’d get one started.

A couple of parcels arrived over the past month including some figures I posted news about which looked so good I had to get them.

I’ll look to get an inbox/bag review of the figures done shortly

6 Likes

I really like to get something to share here, but each time I look at something, I find them quite pricey.

I do tanks with interior, and I would only get kits with interior. AThey are indeed expensive, but the way designs and choices they have to consider to allow the ease of assembling and production, the number of parts, which parts need more detail, the extra time for research, the quality overall (vehicle models generally have higher quality bar imo) etc. In the end, making it feels inexpensive compare to the general geek miniatures price.

Cool figure sets man!

I picked up the Flying Saucer from Plan 9 From Outer Space, last year, 2020.

5 Likes

HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey

8 Likes

Nice Hal 9000, have you seen the version that links to the Amazon echo and has a screen?

Ok to celebrate a new job I have brought something that I have wanted for years but at its price just thought it too expensive, now I have a bit of money as payout from my last job so I made the purchase.

I bring you the ForgeWorld Chaos Warhound Titan

Numbered Certificate of ownership included, err now to build and paint it, loads of resin and a bit of pe!

4 Likes

Now that, I have got to get!

1 Like

Hah, no I haven’t. I’ll check it out

Yes, go for it. I’m thinking about making it my door bell at the front door.

4 Likes

It’s my birthday this month and this one has always been on my wish list. Just wish I had gotten it sooner when it was cheaper. :smiley:

9 Likes

Happy birthday Jim and I’m jealous as I’ve been searching for a Y-Wing for the alternative colour scheme campaign here on Modelgeek.

1 Like

Nice one @staff_Jim. I’m going to be starting the painting on my Bandai B-Wing soon, and hope to add the Y-wing in the near future too.

@Littorio , Revell Germany are supposed to be releasing the Bandai Y-wing and A-wing very soon here in Europe…

Cheers, J.

2 Likes

Hope your going to do a build review of this kit Jim?
I built the Finemolds version many years ago, so I would like to see how it compares.
Andy :slight_smile:

I think I will yes. Have to start painting my builds though at some point. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve finished my build of HAL, installed the LED and the talking voice board. It has 7 or 8 lines from the movie ans greets customers when they drop in to LHS…!

Unc

4 Likes

@Littorio when does that alternative sci-fi colour scheme start btw?

Klaus it looks like it’s set for a June start.

1 Like

Thanks @Littorio for picking this up, and sorry David for missing it. It will be June/July start, and I will see what the general thoughts are on either a 6 or 12 month period.

Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

1 Like

@Klaus-Adler the campaign manager is pretty slack. Thanks for getting on him. :joy:

1 Like

Easy tiger !!!