What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

The postman didn’t bring this, I had to drag myself to the newsagent to pick it up:

but it can be bought individually on line, at least in the U.K. Why, you may ask? Because it provides three ornate bases for fantasy figures (one approx. 6cm square and two approx. 6cm by 12cm) at a reasonable price, plus a couple of useful accessories. That’s even if you don’t have a use for the rest of the pyramid-ish structure; mine will probably get a less ornate top and do duty as a fourth base (for a 75mm scale figure I have lying around somewhere).

Regards,

M

these figures are great, the last 3 are on my list to complete a scene.

5 Likes

Another option is both trucks in one cheap box.

2 Likes

You probably already know but MB does have some 1/24 figures you could use to modify.

2 Likes

" Another option is both trucks in one cheap box"
That is excellent value if you don’t want/need the accessories/figures included in the individual boxings; over here it’s a “buy one, get one for a quid” equivalent; but possibly for that reason it always seems to be out of stock. Even the “all the light AA in one box” seems in short supply and that’s on the Meng site in the “Supplies” section with a “SPS” code. But the double truck box has a “VS” code so it should be in the AFV section and it isn’t; nor is it in the “Limited Editions” section so I fear it was a limited release and we won’t be seeing it again… VS005, the pickup with the ZPU-2 seems to have disappeared too.
:frowning_face:

Regards,

M

“You probably already know but MB does have some 1/24 figures you could use to modify.”
As do Tamiya:
https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24356/index.htm
and Hasegawa:
http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/item/fc/

Regards,

M

2 Likes

Yes, I do. Bought several already.

1 Like

Thank you for the info and everything Tom. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Ryan. I didn’t know that double boxed set existed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Thank you for the info and everything Tom”
Actually, I forgot a couple of things. I believe these guys were last seen as a set of four but the individual releases can still be found with some stockists:

I have a couple and they are really useful as each comes with a standard equipment frame which has more than is needed to complete the figure; this is a blessing as modern 1/24th weapons can be hard to find.
Also Italeri have accessory sets for trucks, two of which contain driver figures:

If you were just buying for the figures they’d be a bit costly but fortunately there’s a lot of other stuff which could come in useful building a PA vehicle.

Regards,

M

3 Likes

Got in from work to find the Galileo had landed with the neighbours.

Will have a proper look at it later, but can already tell this is going to be big!

7 Likes

How old is this release?

1 Like

Im pretty sure its fairly new…
Scalemates says 2020.

1 Like

A date I spotted on the mould said 2020. So brand new, I don’t think it’s the old tool.

No interior though. Might have a go at scratching something together so you can at least see something through the big canopy and hatchway.

Most of the Polar Lights kits I’ve seen appear to be quite old, so them making fully new tools is definitely interesting. And Spaceways makes some 3D printed interior parts for the kit.

Thanks, I’ve just had a look at those.
A bit costly, more than what I paid for the kit at least after p&p, import tax and fees.
And no images of an actual printed part either. Been stung a few times on poor quality stuff in the past.
I reckon I can put something together if I do go the route of displaying the door open. Not going to see a great deal inside through it.

1 Like

They have plans for an interior, if you don’t want to mess with scratching one. Haven’t heard definitively if it will be in a rebox of the Galileo only, or also separately for those who got the first release in 2020.

I myself just pulled the trigger on the AMT/ERTL Enterprise B (pics when it arrives) in 1/1000 for a pretty decent price. I am trying to build all the 1/1000 kits to maintain scale consistency when next to each other. That might be harder if they decide to do the C and later versions. A trip to Ikea will sort that out, though.

1 Like

The perfect shelf companion for my Bandai B-wing, the Bandai A-wing!

It actually comes with a box scale turbo laser turret too…

8 Likes

Very cool… It’s worth getting with that added turbo Laser…

3 Likes

I wasn’t thinking of getting an A-wing as I didn’t really care much for the design, but that turbo laser…

3 Likes