What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

The turbo laser tower scales out very nicely with the 1/144 scale Bandai Xs, Ys and TIEs. I’ve seen a couple of nice trench builds with them.

2 Likes

Yeah the turbo laser is a great addition to the A-wing. There is a Death Star attack set that has lots of tiles, all the different ones from kits, to make up a small trench run section and a 1/144th x-wing, hard to come by for a good price now here in the UK.

Now have the Bandai Y-wing. Having the A,B,X and Y really appeals to the completionism side of my psyche, all the rebel starfighters from the original trilogy and always reminds me of my Xbox controller!

6 Likes

From Sprue Bros.
cover

7 Likes

From Lucky Model.

More detail at

7 Likes

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I want one :slight_smile:

Not sure where else to get.
https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?search=Y&q_brand=ALL&q_category=&q_scale=&q_item_no=&q_word=Arkhitect&q_show_instock_only=N

From the instructions it hinted at a special boxing that had two extra parts. I think that might be AMK-002 with the Iwata printed box.

1 Like

It does look cool I gotta say :+1:

2 Likes

Damn my fingers slipped and it accidentally got ordered. Cant resist shiney LEDs in kits…

Keith

5 Likes

Cool and funny looking kit. Included electronics in a kit is always a plus for me.

1 Like

I agree. I have a few stalled projects with various electronic lighting including doing one from scratch.

1 Like

oh, please describe

:thinking: :bulb: See concept scenario from @justsendit ARKHITECT-Advanced Research Colonizer:

1 Like

A buddy did a lighted Bandai Tie Fighter and I had the old Amt/Ertl kit sitting around. I am using his electrical design and parts recommendations. I also have the Amt/Ertl Darth Vader Tie Fighter with a light kit from eBay and finally a BSG Mark II with somebody’s extra lighter bits.

Some parts and one example wired up.

4 Likes

That is a great idea.

The wife dragged me to Hobby Lobby and was shocked when it was 40% off plastic that I bought some kits. :man_shrugging::crazy_face:

Already had an R2 unit but I saw this guy the other day

and well you know….watching Book of Boba Fett didn’t help the will power.

10 Likes

You’re a lucky chap Ryan, my wife drags me away, :laughing:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Well Miss Daisy needed a driver to go get things for her classroom and I was chap standing around doing nothing apparently. Left unsupervised in a store and things sometimes happen. :joy:

2 Likes

It pays to be a teacher’s pet, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:.

G. :beer:

2 Likes

Nice purchases Ryan.

Well I’ve never built any of these before but well aware of the films/series even if I’ve never seen them either but well saw these two and liked the look so postie arrived with them yesterday.

9 Likes

Picked this up from the LHS today. I may put this on rail like a high speed draisine :bulb: :thinking:

8 Likes