What to do with Airfix Ferret kit?

out of stock but looks like they will order it for you.

1 Like

They’ve been in the US for quite some time. There are at least three Ferrets and one Saladin. In Tarrant County, Texas. I have seen them myself.

2 Likes

Thanks John!

1 Like

Jay Leno owns one, theirs a video on youtube somewhere of him showing it off and having fun

1 Like

Do you have a link? Would be pretty cool to see.

1 Like

I’ve seen it. Somehow I stumbled across it again when I was looking at a similar thread about the Ferret. I was trying to find an image of that kid riding his bicycle through Berlin and the link popped up…

YouTube can be a dangerous thing. One minute you’re looking up how to do leather work for Henry rifle, next thing you know you’re spending two hours watching the professor school some guys on the courts in LA.

1 Like

My love with the Ferret started as a kid when I had these beauty.
https://www.plaidstallions.com/hasbro/at10.html
Not a 100% Ferret but I liked it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Or you can go really old school … Action Man with gripping hands and eagle eyes …

I had this one …

and this as an Xmas pressie one year …

I think they did a landrover and a Helicopter … those were the days of blissful idiotic fun

3 Likes

That explains an awful lot John.

1 Like

Once a tankie, always a tankie … and thre Scorpion even has a HCR gideon … it was my destiny :grin:

2 Likes

A friend of mine had a tank toy that consisted of a Sheridan hull with a Scorpion turret. That made me really envious! These things are so big when you are 8 years old. I also had the helicopter and a parachute that we dropped out of 1st floor. My late dad also made a wood model of a 6x6 armored car with a 3,7cm Pak. Of course this thing was not after a real vehicle.

2 Likes

When my son was in Cub Scouts he built a small sailboat. The idea was that they blew on them as they traveled in water inside a rain gutter.
I helped him decorate it with two Roco 1/87 T-34 turrets. The other Cub Scouts were always jealous of him. Plus it won. The extra weight may have stabilized it a bit.

3 Likes

If There was a 1/35 Kaiser M715 Five Quarter kit out there. The closest would be the Academy K311A1 truck that you could convert into a Kaiser M715.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry I thought it was a specific conversion kit for the Airfix Ferret. That is a cool looking little truck.

1 Like

Unfortunately, they are not that close. What it would take to modify/backdate was discussed when it first came out. It would take quite a bit of work. No undoable, but hard.

New from Academy a K311A1 (kia KM450) in 1/35 - Armor/AFV - KitMaker Network

1 Like

I’m reminded of Stephen King’s ‘IT’…

1 Like

Yep, I got a couple of those! GI Joe was the best, but Action Man had the best vehicles!
Ken

2 Likes

I’m going to build an Iranian one. I have a book of vehicles of the Iran-Iraq war, with pics of one. Its only markings were Pasdaran insignia stenciled in blue, on the chassis.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting one- what book did you see it in?

1 Like

The Iran-Iraq Wars 1980-88 Vol.4 Profile Guide – AK 291

1 Like