Who's going to the AMPS Internationals?

Who else is going?
I’ll be at the big show Wednesday through Sunday. I’m road tripping with 3 best friends from my club from Connecticut to Camp Hill, Pennsylvania and we’re staying at the venue hotel. We’re doing the Army museum on Thursday and staying for the whole show. It’ll be a grand time. I’m bringing 7 models to enter into the contest. Last year I caught Covid the day before the show and couldn’t go! I’ll be wearing a big name tag on an AMPS lanyard so if you see me please stop me and introduce yourself! It would be great to put faces to names!

5 Likes

Wish I was going this year. Hope you have a good time Matt and buy at least one kit in the vendor hall in my honor. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ryan I plan on buying at least 10 kits on your behalf! Great excuse! :grin:

2 Likes

That’s what I am here for buddy. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll be there Saturday for the day, nothing done to show. The last AMPS I was to was Fburg in 2011.

2 Likes

I’ll be there on Thursday evening until Sunday morning, driving down from Toronto.

Which museum are you going to?

2 Likes

I’ll be there Friday. Bringing 12 models - 7 of which are figures. Can’t wait

2 Likes

The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania https://www.armyheritage.org/.

I would love to see it but I would be a one day attendant and it’s a long haul for me .
It would be nice to meet in person .
My brother in law Jim Guld and some of his armor crowd will certainly be there.
Good luck !
RT

2 Likes

I’ve known Jim Guld for 30 years! We pal around together at AMPS and he comes to my show, Armorcon, every year! Wow, small world.

1 Like

Have not done a AMPS event since Fred-burg 2010 and won’t make Camp Hill.
Had foot surgery on 4-25-23 I’m in no condition to do a model show.
When I reserved a room at the host venue last yr, hotel staff said I was the 1st AMPS person to reserve a room! Well in March knowing the surgery was happening I cancelled that room, I’m sure it was snagged .
So all you treadheads going have a good time can’t wait to see pics on the Net. Mike .

2 Likes

You mean Jim Guld of the Long Island Scale Model Club?

1 Like

That’s him - been married to his sister for over
40 years . ( She’s a lucky woman eh ? :rofl:)

3 Likes

Yeah great guy and great modeler. I sometimes see him at our club meetings but I don’t go often because of my work schedule unfortunately.

2 Likes

My club is hosting the show so I will be there for sure Thursday-Saturday. Very much hoping to meet you guys.

2 Likes

Any word on where next years show will be?

1 Like

To be announced at the AGM Friday night I believe.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t make it this year (family situation that requires me to hang close to home).

However, my best to everyone going. Have a great show!

3 Likes

Can you give us some info on the show ,Please? location dates times ect . Thanks

2 Likes