Wie hab' ick das verpasst?

Doing some research for a novel I’m writing. Two songs I really dug when living in Germany -
Rock me Amadeus, by Falco, and
Geil, by Bruce and Bongo.

Geil is a total rip off of Rock me Amadeus!

Deutsche Freunde – das wusstet ihr ja schon, wa?

1 Like

I figured you would’ve liked this one…

3 Likes

My listening days in the early 80’s W. Germany was filled with a lot from these guys.

2 Likes

My favorite band even before I went to Germany. Their songs, figure prominently, and what I’m writing.

Here here!

I did not get to see the Scorpions in concert when I was there in 85-87, but I did see AC/DC and ZZ Top. Both bands were outstanding live. Can’t remember the venue, but there were no seats, standing only. Damn I miss those days!

1 Like

The first concert I ever went to in my life was Nena in Berlin. White blouse, black leather pants. My god was she hot.

6 Likes

Monsters of Rock ‘84 Karlshrue, my first concert and festival. Motley Crue, Accept, Gary Moore, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen and AC/DC…… a show to remember.

1 Like

You can say that again!

Holy Cow, man! The things I can find when I dig around.

No, not these old Scorpions cassettes - I know the others are around somewhere as well - but where these were stashed I found almost 2,000 rounds of ammo I didn’t know I still had. But that I still have Fly to the Rainbow, which I bought in the 70’s, amazes me a little. I bought everything ever done by them. In fact, I absolutely wore out two Lovedrive cassettes before I went digital. Still Loving You - one of the best songs ever. Did I say I was a fan?
Time to find a player…

3 Likes

holy cow i remember listening to that as a teenager, i loved that song!

1 Like

Enjoy Falco

My music at the moment.
Dark German Goth(??) music, some songs are in English some in German.

Yup, you definitely are a fan. I still have Virgin Killers (German cover) and Tokyo Tapes on vinyl. Blackout was their first tape I bought. I only discovered them in 81 when we moved to Germany.

2k of ammo sounds like a fun day at the range.

Also… Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann
:wink:

Cheers,
Angel

Meanwhile she’s of no interest at all in Germany since she ran after the Covid 19 conspiracists in the lock down years and became part of them. Turned into a stupid woman.

1 Like

That’s my favorite song from her. Although the version with her and Kim Wilde is hot too. I’d buy her leather outfit for my wife if I could find it. There’s a little English mixed into this version.

You know what they say: Doof bummst jut!

Do you know what the main problem with family values is?
If we humans didn’t break “family values” there would be no families after a while.

The comment about doof applies to religious around here:
the sum of the sins is constant,
so if she doesn’t smoke, drink, swear or lie she sure is doing something else.
That’s what my older brother told me when I was a teenager …

Reminds me of a conversation with my wife the other day - she asked me for $20.
I said “I gave you twenty dollars last month,” to which she replied, “Well, I need twenty more now.”
I was in disbelief. I said, “You don’t drink, you don’t smoke, and you got your own p****. Twenty dollars oughta last you a lifetime!”

:rofl:

4 Likes

I’d be in the ICU if I tried that stunt …
:grin: :rofl:

1 Like

The truth is, my wife and I have little use for cash. It’s got germs on it. That said, twenties do come in handy at strip clubs and food trucks.