Yes, a layer of AK chipping …

Almost ready for weathering …

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

9 Likes

Almost makes me want switch to aircraft modelling Rodolfo. That is going to be great when it is finished.

1 Like

One does not exclude the other, Peter :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

Try a bit of both genres and through in a submarine for variation here and there :grin:

2 Likes

Ha ha. I used to do many genre Jesper, armour, planes, ships, cars, trucks and Sci-fi. However, aircraft wings take up much more room than a lot of armour, as do ships and subs…

I have had to move into a smaller home, so now I am in that unenviable position of having a stash too big, and no-where to store my built models - the garage is full.

Some built kits are now land fill, as they did not survive the double move - into storage and out … and ‘helpful’ kids with butter fingers… so in some ways decisions were made for me. I suppose if I cull now, that is one thing less my kids will need to do when I eventually fall off the Modeller’s Perch…

3 Likes

Move down in scale to 1/72 or 1/144. Benefit of usually less parts. Another option to build US Navy/Marine subjects as they are mostly carrier based and can fold be to a smaller size. Yes there are nations (ie British, Russian, etc) with carrier aircraft but not as many modeled then a USN/USMC subject.

3 Likes

Hang 'em from the ceiling. There’s a lot of acreage on your ceiling.

3 Likes

Also mount them different ways (vertical and horizontal), hang them on the walls.

2 Likes

Ever been to Australia Matt? We modellers have a dust issue…

:crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Sorry Peter, never had the pleasure to visit Australia. Around my parts, we’d call that a sandstorm.

3 Likes

Eh……close your windows? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Coming in sideways with my hair on fire. Painting some tires, track assembly and then whitewash.

6 Likes

Looks phenomenal Ryan.

1 Like

Thanks but she is no bronze winner but maybe a completed kit.

1 Like

Peter, I know what you mean. I sell my finished kits off online once a year or so to make room for more.

Make sure you never go to zero stash - you will be (almost :wink: ) immortal as long as you have your stash.

9 Likes

Ready for take off …

10 Likes

That plane is beautiful!

1 Like

Superb!
Well done indeed.

2 Likes

Interesting, and very well done!

1 Like

Now let’s see who finished!
@RonW
@Rod_The-Fixer
@Floridabucco
@Trisaw
@SGTJKJ
@john41492
@Naseby
@bwilt
@EHAM0624

Anyone I forgot?
I will send this list, if complete, along with the madel to Jim.
WinterWland01

Great job everyone and thanks for participating!
On to the next one!

6 Likes