Winter Wonderland

Group Build Title: Winter Wonderland campaign

Group Build Leader(s): @RonW

Group Build Description: This campaign is about showing a build in a winter setting. That means adding winter camouflage, a whitewash, snow, cold weather clothing or gear… Anything that would show that it is winter!
Started projects are allowed and it is ok to combine it with other campaigns or group builds, like an old school build or figure painting campaign.
More then one build may be entered and when completed the number of builds will be shown on the award!

Event Details: 2023-11-30T23:00:00Z2024-04-29T22:00:00Z

Completion Award:

A Note about Awards: The following text is a reminder that in order for people participating and finishing their projects to receive a badge on their forum profile, they will need to provide their account username to the group build leader by the completion date of the build. The leader will then provide this list to the site admin who will bulk award the badges to those users who have finished the group build. If you don’t provide your username or finish the project on the timetable the leader has setup you will not be able to receive an award.

1 Like

We just had midsummer here in Sweden. It is warm and it is dry… very dry…
So I was thinking about winter! And why not have a wintercampaign?
I keep struggling with the time-thing though. And the thing to click “going”. No idea what I do wrong…

6 Likes

Fixed it for you. Good to go.

2 Likes

Thanks! No idea what went wrong…

Thank you for starting this campaign! Winter camouflage schemes and dioramas with snow always look very interesting. It will be fun to experiment with those techniques, perhaps on something very unexpected.

Here is some more inspiration from my own collection. The model was so dusty it made me sneeze!

4 Likes

Ha!, I’ve got a Tamiya 1/35 M4A2 Sherman with Battle of the Bulge markings. Gotta do that one. :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

I’m in with Tamiya’s Easy Eight Sherman. Will be my first armor build in awhile.

1 Like

Welcome! That is a great and easy kit.

1 Like

Thanks. Considering doing a small vignette base for it, but I try to avoid figures at all costs. :joy:

1 Like

I am in! Maybe Tamiya’s old Sd.Kfz. With the flakvierling.

1 Like

You never let us down, Jesper. Welcome aboard.

1 Like

I have finally made my choice; a Tamiya Churchill Mk.VII, going to look something like this:

6 Likes

These pictures got stuck in my mind since I first saw them… I just might…
merkava-ni-sneeuw-1

merkava-ni-sneeuw-2

3 Likes

Oh, sheet! That’s going to look cool.

3 Likes

I know it can snow in parts of Israel, but … snow and a Merkava… somehow that just doesn’t compute.

3 Likes

I agree and does help with the anti skid debate for the vehicle.

5 Likes

For those interested I edited the campaign “a bit”.
It will be a shorter campaign, a bit like the “summer nostalgia”.

Hmmmm…that probably bumps me out. But I understand the reasoning. It is a winter campaign after all!

Well, the shorter timeframe makes some amount of sense. But I’m not sure if a can do a first 1/35 tank and a snow scene in that little time. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: