WIP - Jagdtiger Early, Blitz/Takom, 1/35

Hello friends!

New Project: Jagdtiger Early / Late Production from Blitz by Takom, 1/35. Version I will build: Early, Neustadt, Germany March 1945.

Regards!
Rodolfo

6 Likes

Looking forward to it! I love the look of the jagdtiger

Nice project!

Thanks for your comments friends!

First pics:
I have read some reviews on this kit and they have said it has fit issues; I’ll see if it’s the same here because it hasn’t happened to all of modelist. To begin with, the fit of the 2 main pieces are fine.

Regards!
Rodolfo

1 Like

Its the fit of the front to the upper hull that is problamatical.

Ill be watching this one . Not normally a fan of axis armor , but that is a beautiful vehicle.

Looking forward to following the build. Excellent subject matter.

Please let us know how the front of casement fits into the upper hull and if it needs tweaked the details.

Thanks for your comments friends!. I’ve read about the Hull section, I’ll see how it goes when I get there.

More pics:
Aligning the suspensions arms; I recommend, align first and glue them after before to retire the “link & lenght style track” pieces.

Regards!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Is that an alignment tool that comes with the kit ,? Very clever … And it’s looking good as well… I do like a J Tiger …

Hello!

Yes, it is included in the kit, it will also serve to align the tracks before mounting them to the model.

Regards!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Making good progress! How do you find the kit so far? I’m thinking of picking up a jadgtiger and had this kit in mind

That alignment tool is a good selling point for that kit

Hello friends!

Thanks for your comments friends!. Also the piece is good for aligning the tracks. So far everything has fixed well, I have mounted the tracks to the model, but it seems that the chassis is a bit unbalanced, but it’s minimal.

More pics:

Regards!
Rodolfo

4 Likes

Thats coming along nicely

Thanks Chris!.

The rear plate of the Early version is now ready and has been put in place, one of the pieces of the jack stand was badly bent.

Regards!
Rodolfo

3 Likes

Looking rather smart . It my be time to reconsider my thoughts on german armor

I think some German armour is over represented but I like the more interesting obscure stuff like the jagdtiger

1 Like

@Mead93 . we are in lock step on your assessment of german armor .

Thanks for your kind comments friends!

More pics:

For the Early version you have to sand some marks into the center of the Hull.

Detail is missing for the side skirt brackets so I decided to start drilling a bit in order to add the screw.

Regards!
Rodolfo

4 Likes

Very nice Rodolfo, are the screws bought or did you make them ? They add loads of realism, even something as small as that. :+1: