WIP - Jagdtiger Early, Blitz/Takom, 1/35

Thanks Johnny!. They are from Lion Marc, I bought them a long time ago and I did not remember that I had them, I am finally using them.

About the tools, if not want to use PE, I recommend a little cut into the brackets.

Regards!
Rodolfo

4 Likes

What’s caught my interest in the armour now are the increasing number of kits with interiors that can be displayed with transparent hulls and turrets. That way I can have one with a full viewable interior and a simple one to camouflage to sit with it.

I do agree it seems like there’s a million tigers available from every manufacturer under the sun.

1 Like

Looking very nice.

Thanks for your comments friends!. That’s right, years ago we begged for kits with interiors to come out but I think they have exaggerated, now in my case, I am looking for more without interiors although I already have some of the first ones in my stash.

Update:

Ready the first side without problems, soon I will get to the problem that all modelers have had.

Regards!
Rodolfo

4 Likes

Hello friends!

More…

The front upper hull problem is obvious but was solved by sanding the sides a bit (rather than cutting) and sealing with putty, Vallejo in this case.

Regards!
Rodolfo

5 Likes

Really neat and tidy recovery on that upper casement fit Rodolfo, once its primed and painted no one would ever know. Nice hull detailing as well. I really like those bolts for the side skirts, do you have the actual part name from the company as I would love to get some. :+1:

Thanks for your comments Johnny!. The bolts are from Lionmarc Model Designs from Hong-Kong but their page is inactive and I think they closed a long time ago, I bought this set in 2011.

More…

This is an impromptu right side preview of what some Jagdtigers looked like.

Regrads!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Hi Rodolfo, you could square off the bottom edge of those skirt mount points, in real life they don’t have a taper at the bottom, they are square, like these photos show:

Before:

After:

Looking good though! Love this kit.

Very nice solution on the front armor . It looks good

@rtvmodeler Rodolfo, thank for the pictures and details on the casement and fixing the fit issue.

Looks great! We’ll done! :heavy_check_mark:

You looks a really enjoy to building Jagdtiger!
detail and crafting skill are also dependable.
Please keep going!

Thanks for your kind comments friends!. @barleeni thanks for the tip too.

More…

To glue the grids I am using MIG / Ultra-glue, which is very good because it is a highly resistant acrylic glue. Specially designed to fix photoengraved or transparent pieces in a comfortable way without leaving any residue and it gives time to move and fix the pieces, it also has the resistance of a Cyanoacrylate.

Regards!
Rodolfo

1 Like

Didn’t know that about the MIG ultra… Nice tip … Something else I have to get now :+1:

I have been using that glue for a while now and it is an excellent product.

Thanks for your comments friends!.
That’s right, that glue is really good! Now I have added solder around the tailgates using a local paste called Rodin’s Polychran and thus finish the rupper hull.

Regards!
Rodolfo

1 Like

Looking great! Was gonna pick this up on sprue brothers takom sale but it’s sold out! I’ll have to live vicariously through you

Thanks for your comment!. I hope you get it soon! .

The armor is ready! Now I will pass Gunze Sangyo / Metal Primer on the photoetched and then Vallejo / Surface Primer in all the model before starting to paint it.

Regards!
Rodolfo

4 Likes

Looking good… You’ve made really progress so far…

Thanks Johnny!

I forgot to weld the barrel hook and add hits to the front of the hull, for this use a drimel drilling slightly and finished with Vallejo / putty, now you are ready for primer and paint!.

Regards!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Hello friends!

It is ready with the Vallejo Primer, it is applied directly without the need to dilute it.

Regards!,
Rodolfo

2 Likes