WIP New Miniart 1/35 PaK40 early

The new Miniart PaK40/arrived today in the post and it will be the next project. I have also pulled out the old Dragon kit for comparison. First impression is that the Miniart kit is far more detailed, which is not a surprise given the age of the Dragon kit.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I’m following this with interest since I like the PaK 40 a good deal. It will be interesting to see the level of detail on the Miniart kit.

I just got this kit and it looks super-detailed, so I’ll be watching with interest. I remember the Tamiya kit with “Seam Face” the gunner. Please include any issues and build revelations you discover.

Following with interest, will be nice to see how compares to other offerings

Looks nice. I hope this kit is better than Tamiya’s one. The one I had was difficult to put together!

Its miles ahead of the Tamiya kit, which appeared first in the 70s if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Be nice if Miniart also released a decent crew for it.
:smiley: :canada:

The late PaK40 is already announced with a crew. So the first impression is that this kit is super detailed and complex. So no shake and bake. This one will require some patience.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Wow! That looks like a lot of parts. I’m sure it’ll be worth it in the end, though.

So you are looking at two hours worth of work. Not kidding.

6 Likes

Miniart at work!

1 Like

This should come out great. I like Miniart kits. I have built a bunch of their T-34s.

Some progress has been made. Some parts are very small and need cleanup and proper placement. But the end result is far better than any other PaK done up to date. There are even small velding seams visible.

6 Likes

Wheels are done. The one thing I dont like is that some parts are in PE only. So if you dont like to work with PE you have to scratchbuilt them.

6 Likes

The whole carriage is complete. I had to glue the arms in place. There might be a small issue with the angle of the armoured plate, I will have to check on the real thing.

5 Likes

Nice job!

The lower shield is perpendicular to its support arms, therefore if the arms are levelled, the shield should be vertical.

Excellent build! Lots of detail! Looks like you got it all square.

1 Like

I will have to look into this closer it seems that in order for the carriage to be completely level, the arms need to be a bit dig in the ground. Anyway, there has been some progred made on the breach and barrel. As always insane level of detail, but extremely complex aswell.

4 Likes