Wishlist for 2023

For me (all in 1/35 styrene please)

1. Border Models - please get on wth your Leopard Kodiak AEV
  2. A PIRANAH III - I’d rather not to have to do a hackjob on an AFV Club or Trumpeter Stryker
  3. RG-32M Outrider
    4.Scania P370 4x4
  4. Iveco M320 8x8

I have posted here a fair while ago, and things change so I thought I would do a Mk2 wish list.

Modern CVRT fleet (less scorpion) with Headlight upgrades to above the sponson and the Life extension additions like the diesel refit. I know its meant to be 5 but it has to be the fleet.

Scimitar
Striker
Sultan
Spartan
Samson
Samaritan

3 Likes

So, updated list:

Bedford MK or RL, plastic
Chieftain AARV, plastic
VW vans, T1,T2, plastic.
Mercedes LP cargo trucks ( rundhauber), plastic,
M1001 & GLCM, plastic (nearly there, we have it with Pershing)

James, I appreciate your response. It’s always good to hear that some one has had interaction with a potential dealer, so i am encouraged to buy, but since this will be my first 3D kit I am just cautious. Also, since you said he is looking to get a US distributor I may wait for that. As an engineer I trained on the plow and mostly ran the straight D7, so have wanted these for a long time, so may not be able to wait! Not getting any younger! ha ha Anyway thanks again and always love your works. Take care. Wayne

Havnt seen this mentioned yet, but the new Griffin MPF

3 Likes

Kinda looks like the Iranian bastardization of the M47 Patton…the Tiam. :wink:

I believe German Kodiak AEV was on some people’s wish list. Border just announced it on its FB page:

8 Likes

US MBT-70
M75 apc
M2A1 90mm AA gun
M57 apc
M55 spg

2 Likes

when Italeri did the Hemit fitter that was extremely high on my list. I will always beg for an M56 in 1/35th and would flip out for one in 1/16th scale!! I’d like an M577 with a full interior and the tent affair that attaches to the back side.

There seems to be something new every day or two in the Ukraine, and it’s getting hard to keep up with it. I’d like to see some of the Ukrainian re-designed tracks done. I recently saw an APC (can’t remember what they called it) that had a redesigned turret with a 30mm gun and a German diesel engine with a U.S. source transmission. Really kinda neat. How about some plastic ATV’s? Plus they now have the NASAM and who will do that one.
gary

Another one just revealed:

The new Abrams X

Or a resin kit to bring any of the newer M1A2 kits up to the new SEPv4 standard.

1 Like

Some of my wishes for 2022 came true! Pumped about the Takom M48A5 and tamiya comet.

I would like to see the following this year.

• would love to see tamiya tackle the M7 priest
  • new tool Canadian LAV III (I know trumpeter does one but it apparently has shape issues)
  • a new tool M2 half track the dragon kits are quite pricey.
1 Like

I would like the companies that make modern kits to stay in business. Quite a few of them closed or ceased producing new modern kits, unfortunately, and a lot of that is due to time, labor, effort, finances, patience, and mood.

I spoke with a few sculptors and company owners who were thinking of closing all together as sales were so bad and recasts were eating into profits. A Google search for modern resin figures mostly shows recasts–one has to really search for the correct original sculptor and vendor. Some sculptors were not paid for their work after a few kits so animosity ensured and they ceased working for said company and just “drifted” around looking for work.

Few of these original resin kit makers (one or a handful of employees) actually advertise online, and because of this, many don’t really know that they exist.

Now with 3D printing, a lot of my desires can be found online for a price.

I’d love to see the new Stryker and LAV III variants in 1/35 styrene. As always, the lack of a styrene M88A2 leaves a big gap in my list too.

1 Like

Hi Peter,
For polystyrene kit manufacturers, are you referring to Panda and Tiger Models by chance?
Sad regardless. :frowning:

I’d second a Ferret in 1/35 (according to what I read at the Tank Museum, it was nearly called the Field Mouse but the Army didn’t like it. They wanted something that sounded a bit tougher)
I’d also like to see more WW1 era stowage and equipment in styrene. Especially machine gun ammunition boxes. I can’t find any Vickers belt boxes.

Stephen,

I’m assuming you’ve checked out Resicast - sounds like the sort of thing they’d do; I must admit I haven’t, but just a thought.

Yes, but unfortunately nothing showing up in the searches. Only ones I ever found were white metal in 1/32 but I can’t remember who by. Most of their range is WW2 pattern kit. I might be wrong, but from what I can see WW1 Vickers boxes were wood and replaced with metal by WW2. It’s possible they might have used metal in the last year though? I’m still learning a lot about WW1 stuff and not as knowledgeable as I’d like.
Crates are crates though no matter the era.

I think someone like Miniart would make a killing if they did a set of typical WW1 British, French and German ammo crates, supplies and other diorama accessories in plastic. Something inexpensive and easy to find is very much needed rather than niche and pricey resin. Especially with the growing popularity of WW1 subjects and all the tank and armoured car kits we’re seeing.

1 Like

Rumour Mill has it that Libor from LZ Models is back in business and is working on a Ward La France… and the Morris C9 with Bofors that was promised from Thunder Models.

1/35 figures.
Military & civilian, and partisans too.
Both modern and period.
In static and action poses.

More 1/35 choppers too… with figures :slight_smile:

P.S. Please, no corpses. Not that I have any interest…but they always look awkward. Unless they are zombies. Zombies are cool. I like zombies. Definitely need more zombies.

P.P.S. Scuba divers. But not zombie scuba divers.

1 Like

Hi James, @James_Lee

No, I was referring to resin kit manufacturers and sellers, both large and small. Several of them closed recently and they don’t need to explain why…some explained…some didn’t. Some retired, some wanted to try something else, and some just threw in the towel. These are not your local hobby shops.

In my emailing with sculptors and company owners, I know that there has been some office politics involved and I don’t want to name names. Lack of payment is one as I can’t believe some of the brand name resin makers won’t pay their sculptors even after several kits were made. Other manufacturers ceased producing modern kits because modelers weren’t buying them, they were recasted, or they made the mistake of offering too many free samples to those who wanted them and that didn’t lead to an increase in sales. And many vendors no longer advertise or post online so modelers are unaware that these companies exist.

Do I believe the emails? When one is antagonistic, I suppose vitriol happens, but a common theme seems to be that sculptors aren’t getting payment for their work. However, that happened years ago and so the parties moved their separate ways and most likely won’t team up again. It’s not easy being an artist, especially a starving artist due to the power plays involved.

I just hope that business lessons learned can be corrected to make these resin companies stay in business. Ironically, quite a few reasons for the lack of modern kits in resin is caused by the company “shooting themselves in the foot” for bad business practices and not the consumers.

1 Like