Wishlist for 2023

I also have the HobbyFan M51 dump, full kit. Same frame dimensions as the M52 tractor.

Just sayin.

We have the MENG IDF Caterpillar D9R armoured bulldozers… I’d like to see an IDF Caterpillar 349E Armoured Excavator :wink:

1 Like

Hi Wayne,
Btw, there’s a 3D resin kit designer in VN selling a Rome Plow kit: Redirecting...

4 Likes

Looks nice, but probably way out of my limited budget. See he’s also working on plain dozer and a trailer too. Thanks for showing James! Wayne

M1300 EHETS

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for decades for any kind of Pershing and TEL that doesn’t require me trying to spend secret money and being outbid on an auction platform for a fifty-plus year old kit of dubious quality.

Since I’m wishing, how about a tracked Pershing Battery on XM474’s?

I got my wish for an 1/35 280mm M65 in 2020 after spending years and a small fortune on multiple incomplete weird scale Renwall kits….

Edited to add: i’m also up for a stretched M113 (12 road wheel) squad engineer vehicle and an M75 APC?

1 Like

having read and posted in way too many wish lists over the years, and yet looking back at what’s been offered; one might see the almost complete omission of Combat Engineer’s and Sea Bee equipment. I’d like to see WWII right on thru today’s dump trucks! In plastic. A road grader and steam roller would be another nice item. The portable concrete mixing equipment is another item. Sea Bee’s have a very small bull dozer that can be air lifted, and one would be nice. The gasoline powered arc welders and air compressors would be most welcome.

Another item I wish some body would make is metal bridge culverts in various diameters! They were not used just for bridging, but also used as make shift bunkers. They’re easily 3D printed and have many uses. Still have needs for generic engineer’s stakes.
gary

2 Likes

One of more interesting wish lists, Gary. I feel like I have seen portable concrete mixer, gasoline powered arc welders, and air compressors in 1/35 offered in resin somewhere (sure, it’s not polystyrene).
Above 3 and engineer’s stakes are more likely better candidates for 3D printing than for some major plastic producer selling them in 1/35. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Have you looked at Masterpiece Models, it’s a start.

1 Like

James, are you going to dm/pm me to discuss? ohsdenis@gmail.com.

Hmm. I’ve already PMed you 2 days ago. Let me try emailing instead.

I agree the early Pershing train would be impressive in 1:35; 'need a fair bit of space though to display it all.

If you’re in a hurry to get an M75 there is one in resin which builds up quite well:

M75 Full Track - RetrokiT (retrokitonline.net)

It was quite a simple build and even I managed it(!)

3 Likes

Not sure if they’re still in business or not, but MecModel had some culvert bunkers and conex boxes. Wayne

Sea Bees have a portable concrete mixing plant that’s used for building run ways and buildings. A much bigger item.
gary

I gotta get that outfit!
gary

Gary,
In that case, let me know if you’re interested me custom CADding any of those items and 3D printing them for you.

Kind regards,
James

hhmm. As much as Modern is not normally my bag, I wouldn’t mind a nice, new tooled Dodge WC54 Ambulance. I know, I know, WW2. But used well into the Korean war and I want a MASH ambulance.

oh.

and a new bell 47. because reasons.

3 Likes

The US / NATO cold war missiles are a badly neglected category. Dragon did the Lance; but then you have to deal with ancient Renwal kits in odd scales if you can even find them.

I addition to the Pershing, it would be nice to see an Honest John, Little John, Corporal, and Lacrosse all in 1:35th scale. I’d be happy to work with cast or 3D printed resin and over joyed with styrene.

3 Likes

Definitely interested, but has anyone done business with them? I am cautious about doing possibly large ordering without references. Wayne

Wayne,
I personally do not know anyone who bought Hobby Link’s 3D printed kits but have seen FB posts from a couple of people who bought them and praised the quality. I’ve chatted with the owner/designer for a little discussing a potential purchase of his M60 AVLB conversion for Takom M60A1. It was a bit out of the price range for me ($150 after S&H to the US from VN), but he sounded informed and courteous. After all, he’s a fellow modeler and 3D printing enthusiast like me. He stated that he is currently working to establish a distributor in the US so the price may come down a little after the process is complete. So I am going to wait until that is done.
He sounded legit at least based on my limited interactions with him. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes